BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 31

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th December 2020, 3:06 PM

:D True, true...........and I can't get over this subs business, as I too have Zaha on the bench - so are you saying that in the final count he will come on to the pitch for me instead of say Jorginho who didn't play?

** EDIT I thought that sub score business was only if a player you have picked is subsequently injured, not as I did in picking Jorginho even though he hadn't played for a couple of weeks or so.

It's based solely on whether a player took any part in the game. Nothing to do with injuries.

"If any of your outfield players don't play in the Gameweek, they will be substituted by the highest priority outfield substitute who played in the Gameweek and doesn't break the formation rules (eg. If your starting team has 3 defenders, a defender can only be replaced by another defender)."

As Grealish, your first choice substitute, didn't play, your second choice will take priority. Barnes also didn't play but neither did either of your remaining substitutes so there's no one available to replace him.

Oh I see.

It's the same old football managers' Solzhenitsyn defence, barely disguised by the tangential allure of Albert Camus.

I can't win.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 7th December 2020, 3:19 PM

It's based solely on whether a player took any part in the game. Nothing to do with injuries.

"If any of your outfield players don't play in the Gameweek, they will be substituted by the highest priority outfield substitute who played in the Gameweek and doesn't break the formation rules (eg. If your starting team has 3 defenders, a defender can only be replaced by another defender)."

As Grealish, your first choice substitute, didn't play, your second choice will take priority. Barnes also didn't play but neither did either of your remaining substitutes so there's no one available to replace him.

You were right, and thanks for that Billy - 84 points! And still in 12th...................:( .

BUT level with you on 21 points in the H2H :D.........................but facing you next week. Unimpressed

Well done on your first spot in the CLIQUE, by the way. Shame Ward-Prowse didn't quite come through for you with his only 5 points.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th December 2020, 8:52 AM

BUT level with you on 21 points in the H2H :D.........................but facing you next week. Unimpressed

Well done on your first spot in the CLIQUE, by the way. Shame Ward-Prowse didn't quite come through for you with his only 5 points.

Yes, it's close at the top of the H2H. All these top of the table clashes will eventually take their toll. The body can't take that sort of pressure on a weekly basis.

As far as the CLIQUE is concerned, it's a marathon, not a sprint... I shall take one match at a time... I shall be happy if I'm still there come May... (add your favourite cliché here...)

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 8th December 2020, 10:41 AM

Yes, it's close at the top of the H2H. All these top of the table clashes will eventually take their toll. The body can't take that sort of pressure on a weekly basis.

As far as the CLIQUE is concerned, it's a marathon, not a sprint... I shall take one match at a time... I shall be happy if I'm still there come May... (add your favourite cliché here...)

Yes, that's a very fair point.

I remember when Sigmund Freud was round mine for Christmas (Jewish obviously but he was massive on tinsel and Christmas pudding) he uttered almost exactly the same words. That was ahead of my traditional street hopscotch in which we exchange big baubles and row about the merits or not of Chong To-Jun.

Thanks again Billy....another rule I didn't know.
I've now shuffled my subs in order of preference.

I've had a bit of a nightmare with defenders recently - far too many PL managers tinkering with their defenders even when they've had a blinder the week before e.g. Kyle Walker not playing this week.

Still, a decent week for me - although any week where I'm not SootyJ is significantly more than decent.

So I've still got Jorginho on the bench and thinking he's got to go as he hasn't played for three weeks and so seems out of favour, and now he scores the only goal for Chelsea last night against Krasnodar.

As The Clash sang "Should he stay or should he go?"

Oh, it's musical chairs at the moment.
I had to get rid of my limp Koch this week - needs an operation.
So I have been fiddling and messing about with others.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th December 2020, 10:18 AM

Oh, it's musical chairs at the moment.
I had to get rid of my limp Koch this week - needs an operation.
So I have been fiddling and messing about with others.

Ohhhh, Matron!

Yes. I know I'll never make it to the top, so my ambition is for you to be under me when I finish.

Challenge Accepted . Pirate

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th December 2020, 10:47 AM

Ohhhh, Matron!

.................................... you to be under me when I finish.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th December 2020, 10:50 AM

Challenge Accepted . Pirate

K-Y or Vaseline?

One that gets things started would be handy. :(

Is there one which gets rid of the in-sleep variety?

I find it just taunts me, rock hard as it is, as there is nothing at all in full consciousness.