Never Mind The Buzzcocks 2020 reboot

Buzzcocks is coming back! No host or team captains confirmed. I hope Phill Jupitus comes back. The dream would be Lamarr but he hasn't been on the comedy scene for a long time.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/5934/never-mind-the-buzzcocks-sky/amp/

Fantastic news. It's a format that still works, as music and comedy are brothers-in-arms. I was thinking about how rubbish it was that it was cancelled just yesterday!

I preferred the earlier series when it was a bit more quiz like rather than a vehicle for people to do their own comedy skits. I'll probably watch assuming the quality of guests is similar to the original. If its just reality TV stars then i'll pass.

It's inevitable they'll have Reality "Stars" because they're cheap but also good people to take the piss out of. Half the time they don't realise.

Greg Davies hosted the new pilot episode. I'd be happy with him as host, though if we were going musical comedy Rachel Parris would have been perfect.

It must be all fake as they'd have someone like Baby Spice doing the intro to South of Heaven by Slayer or something like that and she'd 'know' the tune... As if! Lam mar was excellent on it, professional but he didn't give a toot about the celebrity status, must admit, did like the Preston bit when he walked off set. Where are they now?

I loved the first episode. Lots of laughs. Greg is the perfect host, acerbic but without the cruelty of Amstell.

I thought it was absolutely terrific.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 21st September 2021, 6:47 PM

I loved the first episode. Lots of laughs. Greg is the perfect host, acerbic but without the cruelty of Amstell.

Yeah, there seems to be a more positive vibe to the series so far compared to when Amstell and Lamarr hosted it. Richard Ayoade even smiled quite a bit in the third episode tonight.

Greg is great, Daisy losing her shit and cackling like a banshee at every single line is getting beyond tiresome though.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 26th October 2021, 9:10 PM

Greg is great, Daisy losing her shit and cackling like a banshee at every single line is getting beyond tiresome though.

Yes, I like Daisy but she's too OTT with the standing up and shrieking/cackling business. It was the same with some of the Covid-era Taskmaster episodes too - not just her, but some contestants seemed to laugh more than seemed natural. Maybe some panelists are trying to compensate for the lack of a live audience in the room?

It's a real crying shame that the show is slightly buried away on Sky now, as it's fresher and funnier than it's ever been. Regularly screaming out loud with laughter.