Jason Manford

I have to admit, I used to think he was brilliant, we saw him years ago before anyone had heard of him and I remember thinking he is to Peter Kay, what the Clash were to the Sex Pistols and have got a few of his very funny DVDs but did see him on TV a while back, some tour maybe a year or so, mmmmm, he seemed a bit contrived and lost that spark of that funny bloke you know down the pub and just seemed a bit too polished, hard to define or is it just grumpy old me?

I've never warmed to him and it's because I don't think he's funny. He's never said anything that made me laugh and I wasn't impressed with him during lockdown when he applied to Tesco to help out at '£8 an hour' and when his application was declined he posted about it on Twitter. Tongue in cheek maybe but still pretty desperate to do and when he was finally hired by Iceland he naturally had photographers on hand to capture professional quality shots of him cheerfully making deliveries in his Iceland uniform with his Iceland van all so he can put it on Twitter for his hundreds of fans.

He always seems to appear in the news when there is a crisis and it all seems completely self serving. Like when Lilly Allen bagged herself an interview with a TV news crew in the aftermath of the Grenfell fire tragedy and was saying how the death toll was much higher and it was a government coverup. Meanwhile, Adele was also in the area visiting a fire station in a very low key visit. No paps, no twitter announcements.