TV Reminders

Thought a thread for us to tell peeps out there of progs. coming up on the television would be handy :)

If you are a Beatles/John Lennon fan, I happened to catch a promo on BBC Breakfast this morning, that tonight on the BBC News Channel (Virgin 601 if you are on that) 9.30pm for half an hour - "John Lennon Remembered"

I saw an ad for Citizen Smith starting - think it was on The Forces channel

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th December 2020, 9:08 AM

Now got the box set (last birthday**), which is now in my DVD rotation.

**Waits for Chappers of Stephers to make a joke abart that. Teary

Just a reminder that the Big Bang Theory is on fourteen times a day on 4 different channels , weekly, monthly and every year probably until the end of time.

Quote: lofthouse @ 5th December 2020, 12:09 PM

Just a reminder that the Big Bang Theory is on fourteen times a day on 4 different channels , weekly, monthly and every year probably until the end of time.

And I've never seen it once!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th December 2020, 9:08 AM

Any idea if that's on Freeview or BT?

Today 15:00 forces channel
I don't know if forces channel is freeview.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th December 2020, 1:41 PM

Any idea if that's on Freeview or BT?

https://www.forces.net/forces-tv

Today (Sunday) 9pm Channel 5 - We Love Dad's Army

Mon - Fri PM BBC2 Classic comedy films each afternoon - the first three St Trinians films, The Lavender Hill Mob & Lucky Jim.

Monday 10pm ITV3 - the first-ever episode of Coronation Street from 9 December 1960.

Weds 10pm Dave - Meet the Richardsons at Christmas.

Thu 6.30pm TPTV - Eight O'Clock Walk - previously reviewed by Herc thus:

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th November 2020, 9:13 AM

Good gripping film with one of my favourite actors (Attenborough) and some other familiar faces, such as Derek Farr, Maurice Denham and Kynaston Reeves.

A must see, if it comes up on the box.

Today - 12.00 noon on London Live - Terry Thomas and George Cole are both superb in Too Many Crooks

Thursday 9.45pm on London Live - Ep 2 of Series 1 of Stella Street which started last week, although you'd miss both of these if you didn't open this thread as for some reason London Live isn't listed in the otherwise excellent schedule here. Eh? Hmm...

Thanks for the reminder

" Weds 10pm Dave - Meet the Richardsons at Christmas...."

Must avoid Dave at 10pm

Sorted

Ta!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 6th December 2020, 11:26 AM

.....................Terry Thomas and George Cole are both superb in Too Many Crooks

They are!! When they kidnap T-T and useless gang leader "Mr X" (George Cole) interrogates him is absolutely hysterical and has me in tears of laughter every time I watch it!!

Sorry for sort of spoiler, but this bit is sooooooooooo funny between them, and anyway, it's much, much funnier in the film.

T-T "Yes, if I don't pay up, you will cut my wife up into little bits and'scatter 'er all up zee Great North Road'" Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 5th December 2020, 2:52 PM

https://www.forces.net/forces-tv

Looks like it's no longer there.

?? It came up just now when I clicked on the link.

Quote: Chappers @ 6th December 2020, 7:32 PM

Looks like it's no longer there.

What is no longer where?

It's not on Freeview 96.