Sportyposhsportygingersportybabysportyscary 15 - 23.11.20 Page 2

I'm writing this with my free hand. Results coming too.

I don't want to stop you in mid stroke and I doubt my vote counts as a non contributor but I liked Gappy's best although all had their merits. Carry on...

Thanks for voting Alf. It would be great if more people voted, remember you don't have to enter to vote.

If you do enter please don't worry about how many votes you get. It's not a popularity contest! Very often you could not get a piece of paper between the entries, in which case i plump for the one that had a line that i liked most.
If you are thinking of entering, please do. Enter as an exercise, enter to improve or like me enter because the discipline of writing to a schedule is good for me.

Seconded on all fronts! All votes are appreciates (and non-entrants can vote with pure impartiality), and if you ever want to enter, please do. There used to be 15 submissions a week or something in the glory days, but we're a bit thin on the ground now, so new blood would be appreciated - especially if you bring a new metaphor for me to mix.

Seeing as there's a fellow FF league member here I feel I should give it a try then although I'm not very good at deadlines. I've had a quick look at a couple of threads and I get the gist that it's a funny sketch comp. Are there any rules to follow like minimum length etc. ? Ta in advance and Morning.

Like my mother's legs, this is open to everyone - the more, the batter. There are no taboos except for the Spice Girls because religion is a tough one. Get stuck in (something I do without the last word.)

Quote: gappy @ 28th November 2020, 12:32 PM

Seconded on all fronts! All votes are appreciates (and non-entrants can vote with pure impartiality), and if you ever want to enter, please do. There used to be 15 submissions a week or something in the glory days, but we're a bit thin on the ground now, so new blood would be appreciated - especially if you bring a new metaphor for me to mix.

Yeah, we used to have loads of entries but it's sadly dwindled. In fact it was off altogether for a while but then people had more free time. Apparently there's some kind of virus going around...?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st December 2020, 8:10 AM

Seeing as there's a fellow FF league member here I feel I should give it a try then although I'm not very good at deadlines. I've had a quick look at a couple of threads and I get the gist that it's a funny sketch comp. Are there any rules to follow like minimum length etc. ? Ta in advance and Morning.

Alfred, it's called "Skit Comp", but the entries don't have to be sketches, they can be songs, cartoons, gags, anything, so long as they're (somewhat) related to the theme. No minimum or maximum length - though I guess I would probably stop reading after the first 15000 words ;)

Michael is the boss, and what he says is always law (though sometimes what he's actually said is open to intepretation, he speaks a special smuttyglot language).

Yeah, like the diarrhea dairy, anything goes. Onliners, sketches, songs, as long as there's some link to the topic, and even that can be tenuous.

Excellent. Ta.