Status report Page 6,080

Quote: john tregorran @ 28th November 2020, 4:22 AM

That's something I don't miss.We had snow on Christmas Day the last time I was in the UK.Might go to the beach this year :)

I do. It should be the law that it snows on Christmas Day. Preferably early in the morning so you wake up to it.

Just got a text from my mother in Florida: shortness of breath and a low pulse rate followed by an ambulance to the hospital. Looks like a pacemaker is likely. I'm already scheduled to fly out in 2 weeks, but I might go earlier if she needs help taking care of my father.

2020 can f**k right off.

Shit - that's tough.
You saying she'll need a pacemaker or she has on that's gone on the blink?
Hope all goes well.

She'll need a pacemaker. I drove 90MPH while using the airline app to book the last flight to West Palm Beach. I got to the airport 35 minutes before takeoff. Getting ready to push back for the connecting flight to Baltimore. Not even sure what I packed.

Just prayed for your mom DaButt

My friends mum got a pacemaker and she's absolutely fine with it - no problems at all

Thanks all.

I'm at 30,000 feet and getting ready to pass Washington, DC. Brief layover in nearby Baltimore, then back down to Florida. Looks like I'll be there 30 minutes late for visitation, but I'm hoping they'll let me in.

My 84-year-old father has dementia and I'm not sure about his meds and care. Knowing my mother, she left a detailed set of instructions for the friend who is with him. Fingers crossed.

Short text message: I just finished getting the pacemaker.

Bumpy as hell coming into Baltimore. Bumpy day altogether.

Hope all goes well for you DB......

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd December 2020, 11:09 PM

Hope all goes well for you DB......

Thanks!

Departed Baltimore and on my way to warm southern Florida. My mother said she feels great and they're going to let me visit her tonight. Then it's home to take care of my father. He'll expect breakfast at 7. They'll probably let my mother come home tomorrow.

Glad she's ok buddy

Quote: lofthouse @ 3rd December 2020, 5:52 PM

Glad she's ok buddy

Thanks. She's doing very well. I'm on a plane at the West Palm Beach airport - it's about 3 miles from the president's house. 2 hours to Baltimore, 2.5-hour layover, almost 4 hours back to San Antonio.

Phew! You've certainly flown some miles recently! Glad all is OK presently. :)

Just saw this. Your Mum sounds like a star. Give her our best wishes.

Quote: Briosaid @ 18th February 2018, 8:26 PM

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Deffo not worth it, considering you can get the 1900 for £14k https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/jukeboxes/vintage-jukeboxes/wurlitzer-1900-centennial-jukebox.html

Quote: Chappers @ 29th November 2020, 1:17 PM

I do. It should be the law that it snows on Christmas Day. Preferably early in the morning so you wake up to it.

We used to hire a cottage in Scotland with the whole family as its like 90% guaranteed to snow over Christmas up there! Everywhere else is hit and miss unless you live on high ground :(

Quote: jdouble @ 7th December 2020, 12:51 PM

Deffo not worth it, considering you can get the 1900 for £14k https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/jukeboxes/vintage-jukeboxes/wurlitzer-1900-centennial-jukebox.html

I want one of those for Christmas. Anyone here fancy buying me one?

Only 15 more sleeps til Christmas.