Taskmaster - Series 10 Page 2

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th October 2020, 4:27 PM

Been watching the repeats on Dave each lunchtime off my digi-box, and some are simply hysterical comedy gold- never fail to make me laugh, so this C4 series has a lot to live up to!!

Greg Davies is superb!!

Same words were in my description of TM on other platform,
and It really is laughing to tears, like Bottom, Red Dwarf and Impractical Jokers had that effect on me.
Only difference is - it's silly hysterical.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th November 2020, 9:06 AM

Still watching it, but again sad to say it is not a patch on any of the previous, which I am also watching as they appear on various channels.

Only saving grace is Daisy May Cooper and Greg's very funny comments.

Ditto, as again Daisy May was very funny, especially the melon eating with Richard Herring, and then the final task of saying as many different four letter words without repeating and she came out with just about every crude one you could think of, including one they "bleeped", so I think we know what that would have been. Whistling nnocently

I thought yesterday's was the funniest yet, the Christmas tree bagging machine was inspired. I like all of them but Katherine Parkinson is emerging as my favourite.

I'd agree that this series just isn't sparking for me either. Many of the solutions seem very uninspiring. Just feels like there's a lack of original thought or out the box thinking compared to previous series. This has felt very noticeable in the first task which hasn't made me smile much apart from Greg's contempt for some of the efforts.

The Cocktail Mixing was funny, but to be quite honest with you I am getting far more laughs (hysterical) out of the repeats, some of which I have watched at least twice before.

For example, currently Tim Vine, Liza Tarbuck etc. etc.

The line up for the New Year's special is.... bizarre.

Line-up for Taskmaster's New Year Treat, a one-off special...

John Hannah
Krishnan Guru-Murthy
Nicola Coughlan
Rylan
Shirley Ballas

More info & trailer: https://bit.ly/33tWmWQ

Well John Hannah could be interesting but Rylan? Really? Feels he gets enough screen time as it is.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 30th November 2020, 4:18 PM

Line-up for Taskmaster's New Year Treat, a one-off special...

I thought the original idea was for it to feature comedians, that sounds like a disaster. I don't think it will be any good.

It'll be alright.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 30th November 2020, 4:18 PM

I presume as it is a one-off special they've decided to feature a different style of guests i.e. not comedians. I am a bit gutted though that it isn't a festive 'Christmassy' Special as I would have liked to see some Christmas based tasks take place.

Ah well, maybe next Christmas?

Quote: jsg @ 1st December 2020, 11:34 AM

It'll be alright.

On the night? :D

Quote: G180e @ 1st December 2020, 1:27 PM

Ah well, maybe next Christmas?

If it's still around. :(

Latest Episode 8.

Really? Could it get any worse. I mean, the script business - WTF was all that about?!? I'm so disappointed. or maybe I was expecting too much and have been watching too many of the superb previous series like 6 and 7 that were consistently funny.

Daisy May Cooper adds a bit of spark to it, and if it wasn't for the very funny barbed comments of Greg, I probably wouldn't have bothered.

"Moments of Silence" was the title - I think that refers to the audience out there in TV land.

Really liked Richard's acting. And as for Histor, I forgot how big those puppets are.

Stewart Lee threw Pliny away though, apparently. There will be no more 'egg' puns.

Well, it fizzled out as it started, save for Daisy May, and it was only Greg who made it worth watching - his put downs are always hysterical!

Am I the only one who didn't seem to click with Daisy, and felt she act like a slurring spoilt brat?