Sky Arts

It seems it was not Virgin Media trying to tempt me with an expanded package by offering this channel free for a month and hope I got hooked (slide it up your rectum VM), but Sky themselves now making it free to air.

And I only mention this now as this Thursday at 9.00pm the are showing a prog. devoted to Eric Sykes, the last in the series of Comedy Legends introduced by Barry Cryer.

Virgin Media Ch. 123, where my wife and I are also enjoying the "Portrait Artist of the Year" competition, fronted by Stephen Mangan.

Yeah, Sky Arts has been free since mid September now. It is also available on Freeview, Channel 11. It's a good channel sometimes and shows some great concerts and arts related programming.

Yes I've liked the rock docs but so far it does seem very pop/rock culture oriented, not exactly high arts. I'm wondering if Arts is the right name at all for it.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 30th November 2020, 4:15 AM

Yes I've liked the rock docs but so far it does seem very pop/rock culture oriented, not exactly high arts. I'm wondering if Arts is the right name at all for it.

They're showing the National Theatre productions of Jane Eyre & Twelfth Night over Christmas. So if it's culture you're looking for...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th November 2020, 9:05 PM

They're showing the National Theatre productions of Jane Eyre & Twelfth Night over Christmas. So if it's culture you're looking for...

It was.

But after I'd told the late, mostly great, Lenny Bernstein where he was wrong about Hindemith, I just went back to Carry Ons and the greatest hits of Bucks Fizz.