Things that piss you off Page 1,793

I hate it when Yankees change the stress on words: deTAIL, ADdress, broCHURE. It's so FRUStrating.
I don't give a f**k about Thanksgiving. How many of you American f**kers give a f**k about Guy Fawkes' Night? F**k you, you arrogant, self-obsessed, totally f**king self-absorbed f**king f**kers.

So am I to assume that Guy Fawkes' Night is a big event in Italy?

I like the variations in accents especially New Yorkers who always have spunk.

I wouldn't compare Thanksgiving to Guy Fawkes night. Isn't Thanksgiving so extended families can get together if it's not possible to travel over Christmas and New Year?

Thanksgiving is the biggest travel period of the year. It's always on a Thursday, so there's not time for a lengthy trip. It does tend to be more of an "everyone" gathering than Christmas. Christmas can cover longer trips because kids have 2 weeks off school, as opposed to 2 days for Thanksgiving.

New Year isn't much of a family event. It tends to be friends and a lot of booze.

It'll not be long before some cretin in the UK will put Thanksgiving on the map as they did with Halloween. Baa! Baaaa!

I'm the site cretin and I won't be doing it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvest_festival

I remember at school we were encouraged to bring in food for charity during Harvest and would do arts and crafts.

I like the idea of Thanksgiving and families getting together to give thanks over a belly busting meal and maybe a glass of wine or two.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 24th November 2020, 4:02 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvest_festival

I remember at school we were encouraged to bring in food for charity during Harvest and would do arts and crafts.

I like the idea of Thanksgiving and families getting together to give thanks over a belly busting meal and maybe a glass of wine or two.

OK, if you must, but call it something other than Thanksgiving. We don't want to finish up the 51st state of the US.

waits for someone to dispute the 51

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd November 2020, 3:26 PM

If anyone else has any suggestions for American words that have insidiously crept into the English language, please post on this thread and I'll do the graphic again with those words.

So here's your starter for ten.............

Snuck
Seasons

Movies

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th November 2020, 4:28 PM

OK, if you must, but call it something other than Thanksgiving. We don't want to finish up the 51st state of the US.

waits for someone to dispute the 51

Did you hear that UK? The Male Online has spokeneth.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th November 2020, 3:18 PM

It'll not be long before some cretin in the UK will put Thanksgiving on the map as they did with Halloween. Baa! Baaaa!

Thanksgiving for getting rid of them!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th November 2020, 3:53 PM

I'm the site cretin and I won't be doing it.

I like the irony of this and felt like the irony should be pointed out (because you are very technical) :D

I'm looking for plumbing advice can you help?

OK, so I've added the other Yank words suggested, and, sadly, I see since last weekend a couple of the flock have caught mad cow disease.

Also, to make it a bit more interesting, I've included a "Where's Wally?"

IF you can spot him and answer the Golden Question, which is how many sheep are in the picture, including the ones in the back of the farmer's truck, you can win Sweet FA.

LIKE A LOAD OF FUCKING SHEEP Angry

Are those sheep there 24/7 ?

Give em a cookie

Why do people think it's ok to go against the wishes of someone just because they are dead? Saw a story about David Bowie's estate donating £10,000 to a community centre towards a new car park and they showed the letter that specifically stated not to go public about the donation. Now they have shared it with the world, have pictures of David in the community centre and are planning on a memorial plaque in the new car park. Not exactly keeping it on the down low.