Favourite One Foot In The Grave episode Page 3

Quote: greensville @ March 10 2010, 11:22 PM GMT

when Mrs Warboys is telling Margaret how depressed she is while Victor is listening to a comedy CD - He keeps laughing at the most inappropriate moment (so well timed)

As I can remember he is apparently listening at something by Monthy Python, am I right?

It is hard to choose only one single favourite episode, but in tha case I would choose "Things aren't simple anymore".
It was a perfect dramatic ending for the show and a touching farewell to our beloved hero Victor.

Quote: Gianni Merryman @ March 17 2010, 9:01 AM GMT

As I can remember he is apparently listening at something by Monthy Python, am I right?

It is hard to choose only one single favourite episode, but in tha case I would choose "Things aren't simple anymore".
It was a perfect dramatic ending for the show and a touching farewell to our beloved hero Victor.

He was indeed listening Monty Python. He quotes Spam a few times (see link below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Uc2AU4uB4

Quote: greensville @ March 17 2010, 9:23 AM GMT

He was indeed listening Monty Python. He quotes' Spam' a few times (see link below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Uc2AU4uB4

Quite appropriate.

I like the one where he is in the house alone on Jury Service. I can't remember the name of the episode.

Quote: alison2345 @ April 1 2010, 8:25 PM BST

I like the one where he is in the house alone on Jury Service. I can't remember the name of the episode.

I think it's called the 'The Trial'.

'Hearts of Darkness' is my favourite. I would also say 'The Wisdom of the Witch' but it should have been a half hour instead of an hour. 'Endgame' was brilliant too.

Quote: John M @ May 25 2010, 11:29 PM BST

I think it's called the 'The Trial'.

It is called The Trial

I can't face watching them all cos I like them so much. The Futility of the Fly is probably my favourite. I like the randomness of the object and the horror of fish and finger takeaways.

There are so many great episodes.
The one with the finger in the chips is a classic!

I didn't like series 1 or 2 though.

Quote: roystonpoisoner @ August 3 2010, 2:12 PM BST

I didn't like series 1 or 2 though.

Series 1 is not very good at all, in my opinion. The house they were in wasn't modern enough. The second one - which we are most familiar with - is much more bright and sitcomy.

I don't think there were many excellent episodes of One Foot, more scenes and extended sequences. For example, the scene were Patrick machine guns the garden knomes is often repeated in documentaries etc, but the rest of that episode is very melancholic and below-par.

'Hearts of Darkness' was excellent, and 'The Wisdom of the Witch' is mostly good, but would have been better as a 30 minute episode, as opposed to 60. The '97 episode 'Endgame' is brilliant, of course. Series 4&5 is the best, I think.

Quote: Dave @ August 4 2010, 7:37 PM BST

Series 1 is not very good at all, in my opinion. The house they were in wasn't modern enough. The second one - which we are most familiar with - is much more bright and sitcomy.

I don't think there were many excellent episodes of One Foot, more scenes and extended sequences. For example, the scene were Patrick machine guns the garden knomes is often repeated in documentaries etc, but the rest of that episode is very melancholic and below-par.

'Hearts of Darkness' was excellent, and 'The Wisdom of the Witch' is mostly good, but would have been better as a 30 minute episode, as opposed to 60. The '97 episode 'Endgame' is brilliant, of course. Series 4&5 is the best, I think.

David Renwick might have felt the same about the house in the first series, hence his wriitng in the plot about the house being raised to the ground. The 'gnomes' episode, Who's Listening also features Cathy 'Casualty' Shipton(incidentally thimk Doreen Mantle,who played Mrs Warboys in One Foot,played her mother on Casaulty the same year, and possibly recommended her to the One Foot casting team). Very weird especially when Victor and Pippa's dad are being held captive by that guy with the time obsession

The reason I didnt like them was that the humour wasnt there like in series 3 onwards.

I personally thought the first two series were excellent and right up there with the amazing quality of the later episodes.

I have to split the category of favourite one foot episode into two.

Favourite 30 minuter
Favourite special (+30 mins)

Fave 30 minuter = Secret of the Seven Sorcerers
Favourite special - Endgame

Things Aren't Simple Anymore - the finale, was aired 20 years ago today.

Such a sad ending! Grief stricken watching this.