I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,224

He's a decent guy.
I shouldn't imagine he's swallowing the conspiracy rumours.
Annoyed Republicans lost, for sure, but I don't take him for a sore loser.

Yes he should come back and we can all talk about something more interesting like comedy or music.:)

I'm still around, just been very busy for the last few weeks. I started an online Master's degree program November 1st and it's been taking up a lot of time. I've also been carting my neighbor around to medical appointments after his horrific injury, plus there's always the important things like working and drinking beer with my friends.

You guys need to get your Covid act together because my kids, grandchildren and I have a trip booked for mid-March. We'll be visiting Dublin, Edinburgh, the Lake District, York, and might try to squeeze in a quick afternoon in London. It won't be much of a vacation if the pubs are closed, so we'll reschedule for summertime if necessary, but I'm sure Joe Biden will have rid the world of the scourge by then. ;)

I'll leave you with some food for thought from lefty Bill Maher. This is a rare case of an influential figure on the left breaking ranks and speaking what should be seen as common sense by anyone with half a brain:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8948879/Bill-Maher-urges-Democrats-reevaluate-hypersensitive-woke-BS.html

Good to hear from you DB.
Yeah - I'd seen that Bill Maher bit.
He has a point.
Over here we ended up with the catastrophic Brexit by ignoring great tranches of the country.

Quote: DaButt @ 15th November 2020, 10:01 PM

I'll leave you with some food for thought from lefty Bill Maher. This is a rare case of an influential figure on the left breaking ranks and speaking what should be seen as common sense by anyone with half a brain:

I know that there wasn't a brilliant alternative but are you concerned about a massive divide in your country?

Quote: Lazzard @ 16th November 2020, 9:01 AM

Over here we ended up with the catastrophic Brexit by ignoring great tranches of the country.

What catastrophy?

Quote: Chappers @ 16th November 2020, 6:02 PM

What catastrophy?

*looks out of window*

Oh no, brexit has made it rain.

I echo Chappers question.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th November 2020, 6:09 PM

Oh no, brexit has made it rain.

I echo Chappers question.

:)

Kissing

And there was me thinking I was being conciliatory.

Quote: Lazzard @ 15th November 2020, 3:26 PM

Annoyed Republicans lost, for sure,

I can't imagine any decent human would be annoyed or upset by Trump's loss, unless they had popped into Ladbrokes and put the family farm on a Trump victory. Trumo's ongoing efforts to undermine democracy are shameful, pathetic and dangerous. And moronic.

73 million,10 million up in 4 years,voted for him.
There's got to be some decent folk in that lot.:)

Many will have voted Republican because they always do and many again will have disapproved of Trump. Voting is about the best fit rather than the ideal.

It's interesting that Cummings left shortly after Trump. I wonder if he sees the tided against authoritarian management turning ? When Trump loses the legal protection of the Presidency, legal suits and the undeniable truth will out. I bet a couple of years from now fewer will admit to voting for Trump.

Many will also have seen past the man and seen his achievements.
Record breaking low unemployment where there were more jobs than unemployed.

That alone is what every country wants.

Quote: john tregorran @ 17th November 2020, 5:49 AM

73 million,10 million up in 4 years,voted for him.
There's got to be some decent folk in that lot.:)

Tens of millions.
And they are the people the Democrats need to be thinking about, not just preaching to the gallery of their own base.
The mistake is to judge the Republican voter by the nutters picked up by the TV cameras.

Quote: Kenneth @ 17th November 2020, 2:16 AM

I can't imagine any decent human would be annoyed or upset by Trump's loss, unless they had popped into Ladbrokes and put the family farm on a Trump victory. Trumo's ongoing efforts to undermine democracy are shameful, pathetic and dangerous. And moronic.

I think one guy in the U.K. had £5million on trump winning

Worra tit