The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 52

Oh no, very sad news :O I was hoping to see a lot more of him and he was my top cast choice for my own never to be seen sitcom. Underused in his prime, was brilliant in everything I've seen in him including his QI appearances, of which he deserved many more. Stella Street is an unheralded gem, poor old Mrs Huggett above. Should have been the next Peter Sellers imo. RIP legend of British comedy.

Peter Goodwright, age 84. Those of a certain age will remember him as an impressionist on the wireless in particular. He was the eponymous impersonator in the very last radio episode of Hancock's Half Hour. Also appeared regularly on TV in Who Do You Do.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th November 2020, 3:41 PM

Peter Goodwright, age 84. Those of a certain age will remember him as an impressionist on the wireless in particular. He was the eponymous impersonator in the very last radio episode of Hancock's Half Hour. Also appeared regularly on TV in Who Do You Do.

Of a certain age? Most certainly and remember Mr. Goodwright very well. Good impersonator with subtle humour.

Oh dear, they're all popping off. :(

Rest in Peace.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 4th November 2020, 8:59 AM

Oh no, very sad news :O I was hoping to see a lot more of him and he was my top cast choice for my own never to be seen sitcom. Underused in his prime, was brilliant in everything I've seen in him including his QI appearances, of which he deserved many more. Stella Street is an unheralded gem, poor old Mrs Huggett above. Should have been the next Peter Sellers imo. RIP legend of British comedy.

I love his Jack Flatley character!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd November 2020, 2:57 PM

First saw him in his early TV career on "Laugh??? I Nearly Paid My Licence Fee" back in 1984 with the likes of Robbie Coltrane. One sketch still sticks in my mind is the very funny parody he did of French black and white films supposedly full of hidden meanings.

Yeah, I remember that. I was too young to get it and my mum 'explained' it. Good series.
He was also in one of the best episodes of Happy Families, easily my favourite post-Young Ones project.

A bit of a cock-up on the staying alive front.
RIP Mr. Palmer - a face literally made for comedy.

Blimey, will there be any left, at this rate? Was in one of the greatest sitcom scenes where he and Reggie have a List Off. Laughing out loud I really liked him Butterflies as well, held all the wispiness together with his calm sensibleness, made it very watchable. RIP

Legend. Loved him in Fawlty Towers and Alan Ayckbourn. Slam in the Lamb...

I'm a doctor and I want my sausages

RIP Len Barry

Quote: john tregorran @ 6th November 2020, 8:25 PM

RIP Len Barry

The man who said he was going to be bigger than Elvis..................

No one was bigger than Elvis in 1977. Must be the hamburgers.

Gigi Proietti. Won't mean much round here, but one of Italy's most prolific actors.

God bless his....her....?... soul

He was like Bob Monkhouse - a household name in his country but not elsewhere. He was more successful than me. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigi_Proietti