Keeping Up Appearances Page 7

Well if it's a prequel then Roy would probably have been young at the same time as the characters so yes - he should know what a young man would sound like.

It would be interesting to see Hyacinth go back to her roots - the council estate she grew up on with her sisters. I wonder when she became the middle class snob?

I wouldn't be surprised though if they set it in 2015 though, almost like a reboot.

I don't actually remember it being a council house. Given that it was in a down market close, maybe it was just rented?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 18th November 2015, 12:30 PM GMT

I don't actually remember it being a council house. Given that it was in a down market close, maybe it was just rented?

Onslow's house was definitely a council house.

Maybe it was "Daddy's" house, as I can't imagine Onslow owning anything.

It was a run down house, but was it council owned?

I'm not sure it's a crucial detail to be honest.

That could be seen as rather a Hyacinth Bucket attitude? It'll matter to the characters somehow.

It still could have been on a council estate but living in an ex-council house? Either way, my original point was thus -

Quote: Lee @ 17th November 2015, 8:34 PM GMT

It would be interesting to see Hyacinth go back to her roots - I wonder when she became the middle class snob?

Apparently this "young Hyacinth" prequel is set some forty years before the events of Keeping Up Appearances. I'm looking forward to playing "spot the anachronism".

If it is in 40 years before it takes place, then I am looking forward to it. Always wanted to know what Hyacinth was like before she married Richard and where she got impressing people thing from. I would like to see when she met Richard too. Would this mean Hyacinth's mum would be alive too?

Watched repeat of the very first episode this week for the 30th ann. - it holds up well.

I've been re watching these again too on Drama, still an excellent watch even though I've got the Complete Collection on DVD. Patricia Routledge really was excellent in the role wasn't she, she literally steals every scene she's in!

Used to love her Kitty on Victoria Wood - here's one where she was standing in for an agony aunt. Soooo funny. "Trainee day at the bikini waxers" Her face!" Laughing out loud

Love KUA one of my favourite sitcoms. Excellent writing and acting.