I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,218

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th November 2020, 8:03 AM

There are documents surfacing showing that all ballot slips were watermarked and hundreds of thousands - maybe millions of slips did not have the watermark.

Ballots aren't specifically watermarked - but they are printed on traceable paper, traceable by its proprietary watermark.
It would take fairly close inspection to ascertain that they we fake - not sure how this was achieved
Moreover, only printers licensed by the State are allowed to produce these - so it would entail secret printing operations on a fairly grand scale and some clandestine method of circulating them.
Unlikely.
UPS's failure to process many thousands of mail-in votes is of more interest.

EDIT: Just read your follow up post. Would be interested to know the source of "poppy" watermark information. Doesn't seem to tally with any other information out there

Quote: Lazzard @ 5th November 2020, 10:09 AM

EDIT: Just read your follow up post. Would be interested to know the source of "poppy" watermark information. Doesn't seem to tally with any other information out there

Exactly. He clearly has some source of information which nobody else knows about. Perhaps he should tell the US authorities about it? I'm sure they'd be very grateful...

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 5th November 2020, 10:37 AM

Exactly. He clearly has some source of information which nobody else knows about. Perhaps he should tell the US authorities about it? I'm sure they'd be very grateful...

I understand your suspicions - but my question was genuine.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 5th November 2020, 10:37 AM

You mean yourself when you say nobody....

There are document's describing how the secret watermark should look. They are to resemble the Californian poppy. These documents are from the government to the printers.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th November 2020, 11:45 AM

You mean yourself when you say nobody....

There are document's describing how the secret watermark should look. They are to resemble the Californian poppy. These documents are from the government to the printers.

Stephen, again, I'm frantically searching the internet for any reference to this.
A link would be great - there's all sorts of nonsense out there - I genuinely want to know what's true and what's not.

EDIT: OK - deep search reveals a document stating that the watermark on Californian ballots was a poppy. It was not a secret watermark, though. https://elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov/ccrov/pdf/2020/august/20167sl.pdf Also the California result is currently 8 million to Biden, 4 million to Trump - that's a lot of fake ballot papers.
And sort of a dumb state to attempt fraud, as it was always going to be a blue state.
Yes to find any reference to these ballots being found without watermarks.

Come on, pull your heads out of the sand. We all know the Democrats, when given a commanding lead in the polls, would try to cheat and risk being disqualified by printing phony ballots. We know it's true, because Trump has repeatedly been warning us that if he loses it will be due to fraud and cheating.

Facts: The poppy watermark was printed on Californian ballots and was not a secret. Its use was announced August 5. Other states print their own ballots according to their own standards.

Anyway, the more credence given to unsubstantiated rumors and smears, by repeating them in this influential forum, the better. I have seen documents out there which prove that irradiated dyes made by special inks (containing Trump's sperm) were secretly put into every single legitimate ballot, at the orders of Trump himself, in order to trap those sneaky cheating Democrats. I work in printing and I have examined genuine pictures of photocopies revealing the micro-pixels of phony absentee watermarks in the phony ballots. So anyone who disagrees with me just looks like an idiot.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th November 2020, 10:07 AM

You need to read better - I didn't say what you said wasn't true - I said you were selective, which is true. :).

I am selective. Everyone is. If we were not, we'd believe everything e.g. crazy conspiracy theories.
Perhaps some of us are not selective enough!

To be honest I would prefer it if Trump was swindled as god knows he's swindled enough people himself. As for his son declaring 'War' I do hope he's not too disappointed when his dad sends in a sick note due to his bone spurs playing up.

I think the one who is feeling desperate about this is Mrs Trump.
Another four years of pretending to be interested or the life she signed up for,coffee in town and shopping.

Quote: lofthouse @ 25th October 2020, 12:20 PM

These people need to spend money on their children's dinners - instead of spending it all on lager, fags, gambling, PlayStations and mobile phones

Is what a lot of these wankers in government probably think...!

Agreed. It will give them less incentive to look after their own kids.

Anyway to change the subject (I haven't had time - or could be bothered - to read all the latest posts) what a surprise that Trump can't believe that not everyone loves him.

He's got a plan.Only count his votes.He's smarter than he looks.

I had a rule not to post on the US election, but now it's er supposed to be over I'll allow myself. IMO no big deal at all Trump's contesting the results, I would. I compare it to VAR in football which has caused no end of Trump-like accusations and complaints of misuse and misreading and biased calls by refs. The League of Hysterical Trump Haters are kicking this up into some heinous anti democratic crime while as American liberals they happen to be the most litigious people on earth, and monumental hypocrites.

Was it really necessary (when the polling stations have been covid secure) and was it really fair to suddenly for the first time ever have a majority of the votes mailed in instead of in person? Especially when the cause of this huge change and its handling has been such a big political football, with Biden encouraging mail in votes and Trump discouraging them. To anyone rational that looks like a situation favourable to a Democrats win, as Trump has complained from the off. I'd be in the courts tomorrow about it, it never looked right. And why the hell are they counting votes that came in after the polls closed (as alleged they are)?

The more people vote, the fairer the result, surely?
The biggest turn-out in US history.

I think you'll find it was one of the smallest turn outs. The largest mail in certainly.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 6th November 2020, 9:08 AM

And why the hell are they counting votes that came in after the polls closed (as alleged they are)?

It's election day, you post your vote. it doesn't arrive instantly. Different states, different rules, but generally mail-in ballots postmarked before or on election day, or arriving by late afternoon election day are deemed valid. Trump has only himself to blame for losing to a worthless sack of shit like Joe Biden. And he (Trump) is a terrible statesman by claiming fraud and cheating, and by demanding an end to counting. I've lived in plenty of authoritarian regimes and Trump's behavior mimics that of would-be despots. Denigrate and threaten to shut down the free press, appeal to racism and xenophobia, play the tough guy internationally, and try to de-legitimize democratic processes. I hope his fan base of baby-dick, gun-lovers doesn't get incited/pushed to run amok as he seeks to intimidate the Supreme Court to give him victory.

Fact: Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas, a devout conservative appointed by the Republicans actually owes his position to Joe Biden. Thomas was facing serious shit at his Senate Committee hearings in 1991 for sexually harrassing his assistant and other women. When suddenly the Senate Committee hearing chief made a deal and shut down and dismissed the accusations. That was Joe Biden. Does Thomas feel indebted to him?