BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 24

And to be honest, I can tell you now why it was women who appallingly delayed racial equality by 40 years. It is because when blokes are in the communal showers and see some black masterpiece they think, well, I can't compete with that and good luck with the women not that you need it. Whereas if there is a bunch of white rugger types there who have 15 kids and 57 grand kids you just know that they are so safe in their sexuality that they would screw a yew tree just to make that tree feel all inferior what with their friendly but not so friendly bisexuality. Oh yeah, I know. Pick the members of your team. Oh lovely, I'm third from bottom because my appendage is above average and I have one hair between my nipples. Well, that was then and this is now and I didn't get to MI5 and a question mark against my "friendships" with Russian women without good reason. I can tell you now. It was nothing sinister. They just admired what was in my pants and felt that with a little exploration they could influence the outcome of the Premier League.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd November 2020, 10:36 AM

Laughing out loud and :) That's set the standard for pics now, and puts Herc in front of the Funny Picture league to make up for not being anywhere near it in the football one. I'm out of this one, haven't a clue how to do ant of that IT stuff, but everyone else can join in.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 2nd November 2020, 2:06 PM

And presumably you'll be removing the first week score from everyone's total so that it's fair to me starting GW2?

No, you were given the invite same time as everyone else, sorry. If you'd replied to your PMs from two of us you wouldn't have been late. And you've done alright in catching up, I still have you down for top 4 as usual, especially if Anton fails to post.

After a quick committee meeting it's been decided Playfull, you will get a round 100pts back, 4 points deducted for Admin, and being a plonker. Play on.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 3rd November 2020, 7:00 AM

Laughing out loud and :) That's set the standard for pics now, and puts Herc in front of the Funny Picture league to make up for not being anywhere near it in the football one. I'm out of this one, haven't a clue how to do ant of that IT stuff, but everyone else can join in.

A Big Thank You Alf, that has made my day. :D

................................4 points deducted for Admin, and being a plonker. Play on.

Laughing out loud

After a quick committee meeting it's been decided Playfull, you will get a round 100pts back, 4 points deducted for Admin, and being a plonker. Play on.[/quote]

Nooooo. Thanks, but no. i don't want to be used as an argument for changing the rules everytime someone feels aggrived at some slight or percived injustice. It's only a game. But i do intend to enjoy sending an email every week to explain to the nice people at the league why they are still wrong.

No, you were given the invite same time as everyone else, sorry. If you'd replied to your PMs from two of us you wouldn't have been late. And you've done alright in catching up, I still have you down for top 4 as usual, especially if Anton fails to post.

Yeah, that's sounds legit. :S

If you take away the GW1 points, the table looks like this:

373 - Ben
368 - Anton
353 - Godot
350 - Kipper
343 - Radish
341 - Shaggy
334 - Goodlad
333 - Bunter
340 - Dan
305 - Herc
302 - Shotgun
292 - Steve
268 - Chappers
267 - Playfull (including 104pts added back)

Can see why you wouldn't want to do it. Laughing out loud

After a quick committee meeting it's been decided Playfull, you will get a round 100pts back, 4 points deducted for Admin, and being a plonker. Play on.

While you're at it can you restore my 32pts from the 13/14 season as well? Might put me above Mugging you off and Anal Leakage.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd November 2020, 10:36 AM

Nice one Herc....please do more.

I think i might have spotted why i got thumped for making transfers i thought were going to be free.

The fixtures' show week 7 starting Fri. 30 Oct. 18.30.
But if i look at my transfer history - week 7 appears to start on the 24th of October?

Quote: playfull @ 4th November 2020, 4:19 PM

I think i might have spotted why i got thumped for making transfers i thought were going to be free.

The fixtures' show week 7 starting Fri. 30 Oct. 18.30.
But if i look at my transfer history week 7 appears to start24thstart on October?

Playfull, I've just had a look at your team and you played your wildcard on GW6, but made no transfers.

Then on GW7 you made 27 transfers at a cost of -104pts.

Since 27 x 4 (the cost of a transfer) is 108, that indicates you had one transfer for free - your weekly transfer. the rest were deducted at -4pts per transfer - the usual 'hit' cost.

So it's clear what happened. Somehow you activated your wildcard on GW6, but didn't use it - in fact made no transfers at all. The next week when you thought you had activated it, it had already gone, so you were charged for all of your transfers but one.

You're in the doubly unfortunate position of having been charged a huge number of points AND wasted your wildcard. Very bad luck indeed.

EDIT

Week 7 started Fri 30th Oct at 18.30
I made no transfers after this point?

I must have f**ked up somehow, and feel like i have played my joker to make it a double f**k up...

Quote: playfull @ 4th November 2020, 4:51 PM

EDIT

Week 7 started Fri 30th Oct at 18.30
I made no transfers after this point?

I must have f**ked up somehow, and feel like i have played my joker to make it a double f**k up...

You activated your wildcard at 6.28pm on Fri 23rd Oct. In other words two minutes before GW7 started.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/3423420/history

You failed to make any transfers in that 2 minute period and then the clock struck 6.30pm and your team was locked for that Gameweek and all transfer activity came under GW7, which is what you intended. The mistake you made was activating your wildcard two minutes before the previous Gameweek ended. Perhaps you were looking at a watch or clock, which was slightly fast?

OK you can call me a c**t now...

Does someone want to explain to a thickie in simple words how transfers work? Is there no transfer window?

Quote: Chappers @ 4th November 2020, 7:25 PM

Does someone want to explain to a thickie in simple words how transfers work? Is there no transfer window?

Dead simple, Dave.

You get one free transfer per week.

Each subsequent transfer costs you 4 points off your score (-4pts).

A transfer is carried over for one week - so if you don't use your weekly transfer, the following week you will have two free transfers. It's only carried over for one week though so by the third week you'll still only have two transfers.

You can make as many transfers as you want whenever you want - there's no window - but it will cost you once you've used your free transfers.

You make a transfer by clicking the transfer tab https://fantasy.premierleague.com/transfers

Select your player from the right hand panel. There are menus to find everyone.

Don't forget to save your transfer with the button under the pitch graphic, or it won't happen.

Since you've never made a transfer, you should have two free ones.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th November 2020, 11:28 AM

Nice one Herc....please do more.

Thank you Stephen. :)

Trying to think of the idea is the problem, like when you're trying to write a new sketch with a blank piece of paper in front of you.

I heard that if you know who to bung in the Fantasy Premier League, magical things can happen.