BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 22

Can i make an early bid for f**kwit of the season?

Copy message i have just sent to the Fantasy League -

Hello,

Help! I played my wildcard on week 6 and I wanted to make some changes before week 7, so i checked the rules and it said i could make unlimited free transfers up until the cut off time for the following gameweek. I even made two transfers just to check that i was not charged any points. When i wasn't, i started switching players in and out until i got a team i liked. Then i accepted the transfers - with no penalty points showing - with about an hour to go before the Week 7 cut off.

I have just looked and it is now showing 27 transfers costing me 104 points! help! Obviously i would not intentionally make 27 changes in one go, i am not Claudio Ranieri! Is it possible to remove the points deduction?

Is this a points deduction record?

It's called doing a Godot

I'd have to get Motty to work out the Stats

Motty: "Good heavens this has to be the worst Godot I've seen in a long while"

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 30th October 2020, 1:11 PM

God help us all then...

Dumb question. What is the wildcard?

I think but don't know, you can change your entire team for anyone for one week only.
Is that right?

As Billy says, that is the Free Hit, of which you only have ONE per season. The Wild Card is again where you can change the entire team, but you get two of those - one now, if you haven't used it yet and one just after Christmas.

Quote: playfull @ 30th October 2020, 8:10 PM

Help! I played my wildcard on week 6 and I wanted to make some changes before week 7, so i checked the rules and it said i could make unlimited free transfers up until the cut off time for the following gameweek. **
I have just looked and it is now showing 27 transfers costing me 104 points! help! Obviously i would not intentionally make 27 changes in one go, i am not Claudio Ranieri! Is it possible to remove the points deduction?

** That is only "pre season" i.e. you can change your team as many times as you like up to Week 1, before the off.

"Is this a points deduction record?"
Er yes, I should say so. Congratulations. :D

From the site.

The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season, once in the first half of the season (before Mon 28 Dec 13:30) and once in the second half of the season.

No. Once you have played your wildcard, any transfers you make within that Gameweek are free, including any you made before playing your wildcard, up until the next deadline.

"up until the next deadline" am i reading this wrong?

Quote: playfull @ 31st October 2020, 12:36 AM

The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season, once in the first half of the season (before Mon 28 Dec 13:30) and once in the second half of the season.

No. Once you have played your wildcard, any transfers you make within that Gameweek are free, including any you made before playing your wildcard, up until the next deadline.

Yes, I did say that in reply to Stephen about the two Wild Cards, but on the other matter, now I see what you are mean and didn't realise that. I thought once you had pressed the Wild Card button, that was your team fixed and could not be changed again.

So why are you being deducted 104 points? :S I think it is as I said and that the ("up until the next deadline") deadline is the start of Week 1; BUT the use of "next" is confusing, and I'm happy to be corrected if anyone else out there knows different?

Anyway, I've enjoyed the joust Godot, but am bored with it all now, so I'll bury the hatchet...........................

"I contacted Aaron. Posting an image of someone with violence being done to them is (unsurprisingly) an offence under the Public Order Act of 1986."

I'm sorry you took that serious Godot, as it was only a joke to end the war of words between us, and also sorry you found that you had to contact Aaron about it, as I thought you were harder than that. If it's upset you I apologise, so let's now move on and talk football only.

"He's thrown quite a few personal insults my way for no good reason. I assume it's misplaced rage"

Don't act the innocent Don - you know why, and all you had to do was to recant calling my post "a load of bollocks" when it wasn't. Simples.

Quote: playfull @ 30th October 2020, 8:10 PM

Can i make an early bid for f**kwit of the season?

Copy message i have just sent to the Fantasy League -

Hello,

Help! I played my wildcard on week 6 and I wanted to make some changes before week 7, so i checked the rules and it said i could make unlimited free transfers up until the cut off time for the following gameweek. I even made two transfers just to check that i was not charged any points. When i wasn't, i started switching players in and out until i got a team i liked. Then i accepted the transfers - with no penalty points showing - with about an hour to go before the Week 7 cut off.

Well it beats Godot's with aplomb. :) I doubt it'll help as Godot didn't get his points back but I'll contact them as well about it and ask for your points back. It's insane if they think you did it intentionally. :S The wildcard is a tricky process to know you've done it right, and it's clunkily displayed too close to the free hit option and normal transfers imo, you have to really look at what you're doing with it.

Still not sure i know what i might have done wrong. Thanks for the assistance.

Ooh, me defender Walker has scored...that'll help.

Quote: playfull @ 31st October 2020, 12:45 PM

Still not sure i know what i might have done wrong. Thanks for the assistance.

As I said previous, I think you've misread them's rules, but do admit that the "next" is confusing. It's bleedin' obvious you've made a mistake, so you've got nothing to lose in emailing them to get the points reinstated. Say you found the "up until the next deadline" confusing, which it is and they may realise they've misworded it.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 29th October 2020, 8:58 PM

If Aarons come into a footy thread it must be bad
Time for a reset just have fun and stay on footy topics

I thought he'd come here to warn you about your poor grammar, (never using full stops) but alas no. (I don't know how you get away with it. Angry)

It's Text speak Grandad
All us kids use it these days, period

Sorry playful but I laughed
I looked at your head to head match and you are playing a deleted player with 0 points....And losing with -97

Game week's not over yet though

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 31st October 2020, 7:04 PM

Game week's not over yet though

I think it might be....

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st October 2020, 6:52 PM

Sorry playful but I laughed
I looked at your head to head match and you are playing a deleted player with 0 points....And losing with -97

Don't worry - it is the funniest thing i have ever done on this site.