Out Of Her Mind

Very enjoyable half hour. I love her style of comedy. Very interesting angle.

Hmmm, well written and a good idea, but falls down on the comedy, which was a great shame as she is a funny lady and seemed to be great fun when I saw her on Taskmaster.

Will try and give it a second look...........................what was the roller rink all about?

It was certainly not what I was expecting! Completely new take on the sitcom genre and approach to the format.

A friend quipped "it's like it was breaking the fourth wall of the fourth wall", which feels apt. I'll keep on going with it - feels like it could be a grower.

I took a look at episode two, my feelings remain pretty unchanged. The thing is, I feel like if I was in a different mindset I'd enjoy it more. Just at this particular moment I'm mainly watching sitcoms to have a laugh and stop thinking about the craziness of the world for half an hour. I get how clever it is, I get what she's going for but it just doesn't make me laugh.

Seen two episodes. Shows promise.

This is pretty interesting, despite being purposefully annoying. Very rich characterisation.

As others have said this was definitely "interesting". I really laughed at some bits such as when she was on the bus and very much breaking the forth wall. Other times it just felt a bit self indulgent.

I've never quite warmed to Sara Pascoe as a comedian so maybe the comedy moments aren't quite hitting the spot but it doing enough right to make me want to watch the second episode.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 22nd October 2020, 8:45 AM

I'm mainly watching sitcoms to have a laugh

That's absurd, SF64, where did you get that idea? Not from this century!

I'm yet to try this, I don't mind Sara but from the above comments, I'm not sure whether to just give it a miss?

Take a chance!
I'm finding it improves as it goes on.

What with the constantly talking to the camera bits , this just looks like and really reminds me of a slightly better done version of According To Bex from 2005. So far it's half amusing. This might be new and trendy looking for a few weeks to pass a Tuesday night but it will rapidly vanish and date badly.

Quote: tonecapone @ 26th October 2020, 12:37 PM

What with the constantly talking to the camera bits , this just looks like and really reminds me of a slightly better done version of According To Bex from 2005.

A classic.

Normally they show 50-50 opinions on "Points of View", but on yesterday's, people seriously panned it.

Harsh of them. It's definitely a good series. I genuinely didn't know POV was still on.
Took me a while to realise Pascoe's screen 'son' is Joffrey from Games of Thrones.

Well..................two shows in and I'm really struggling to like this, which is a shame as I like her - she was hilarious on Taskmaster for instance, and I can't help feeling it might have been better as a drama completely as I see little humour in it.