Newsjack Series 23 - September 2020 Page 9

I see I'm in good company again this week.... (I knew those sketch hopes were unwarranted)...

Another blankety blank

My rejected oneliners up on the other thread. I think I will press on for the rest of the series but not feeling good about it.

Hiya everyone, don't give up keep going ;-)

My three gags
The new series of "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" could be axed. North Wales feared subjecting testicles to viewers would be in bad taste during a lockdown. ITV bosses reassured North Wales, Ant and Dec will be wearing PPE.

MPs are calling for clarity on lockdown rules especially more clarity in the wine in the Parliamentary bars

UKs top Chefs are urging the Government to create a minister for hospitality during the pandemic, with the understanding the Government has the expertise in cooking the books.

Two sketches in the mix for me this week. Not feeling wildly optimistic about either, both have nice ideas and some lines I like but I think neither were executed that well. Felt that all-too-common feeling this morning as the early promise of the funny ideas just crumble into dust!

We sent something in for the first time this series; a sports sketch. Not very hopeful but felt good to get it done and sent off. Good luck everyone!

I got the full quota of sketches and gags in this week. I feel like I am completely unable to judge the quailty of them these days as I haven't got anything on for a good few series now. But anyway, fingers crossed

No sketches as per usual for me, but reasonably happy with my oneliners etc - no auto reply yet, though

Best of luck all - would be good to see someone on this forum get their name in lights this week

Quote: Kenny Bania @ 20th October 2020, 9:50 AM

Best of luck all - would be good to see someone on this forum get their name in lights this week

Yes I think the forum is overdue some good luck this series!

I didn't do sketches this week - sulking really after yet another failed attempt last week :) Put in the full set of 6 one-liners though... got the autoreply within a couple of minutes.

My six oneliners also off to their Newsjack knackers yard. I liked four out of the six this week, and the other two I've mainly taken against because I resent the amount of time it took trying to mangle them into a reasonable joke form.

Good luck everybody!

Quote: skram @ 20th October 2020, 10:22 AM

I didn't do sketches this week - sulking really after yet another failed attempt last week :) Put in the full set of 6 one-liners though...

Same here. Good luck everyone!

First sketch of the series submitted, though I would wager it's my worst ever one. Six one-liners in, though the same topic for a BN and a GWBW, neither of which work particularly well. Couple of others I have a little hope for though.

Emails are out early today, I have been lucky and got my first good one this series.

Quote: skram @ 22nd October 2020, 5:17 PM

Emails are out early today, I have been lucky and got my first good one this series.

Congratulations - well deserved

Nothing here. Just the finale to try for....

Well done skram, great going. Wow they have sent e-mails out early. I've been rejected yet again.