Budget Funerals

Am I losing my touch

Is that a thing in the UK? Funeral adverts?

Not quiet as in yer face as I have depicted, but yes. Day time commercial channels I find Im pestered by adverts of joyful bouncy boomers explaining how they have signed up insurance for funeral cost so as not be a burden to relatives[ snort]. They even suggest your state of health is not an issue as long as theres not a claim within the year. They have the actuarials nailed no doubt. I feel bad for seniors in locked down and guilted by these business. They use familiar and trusted presenters like Carol Voderman and the lady that married the magician -Paul Daniels.
These firms count on the surplus years that will exceed the fixed amount they offer on death.

I actually hope this is just localized to web active clowns like my self, wired connected and leaking information like a good un :)
I assume smart tellys and Alexa are part of the conspiracy.
Theres absolutely no civilized way to avoid being herded inside the electronic cage.

Outside of legal requirement Everyone should do there bit and make sure any information spuriously requested is wrong. Wrong Everything.

Of course I could just be pleasantly paranoid.

Yeah, there's one out here in Rome. It's a play on words, cos when someone close to you dies a good ole pun is gonna make all the difference.
Nice artwork there.

Yea its a racket.

Thank you btw

Quote: Flook @ 22nd October 2020, 1:28 PM

the lady that married the magician -Paul Daniels.
These firms count on the surplus years that will exceed the fixed amount they offer on death.

"Hello folks! Debbie McGee here! If you're planning on eventually dying, then why not throw some of your money at a greedy corporation first? For just 2 quid a week from age 55 to 60, then a fiver a week until you snuff it, we'll give your relatives a thousand quid toward your funeral costs! So what are you waiting for? Pay now, keep paying for decades and die later! People over 79 may not apply. They can just f**k off and die. I told em they wouldn't like it, etc."

Thats her name, Debbie Mcgee. A friendly face, far removed from a salivating tomb raider as you can get. Its disappointing that she and Voderman they have to soil them selves ripping off the vulnerable.