I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,211

Quote: beaky @ 4th October 2020, 1:26 PM

I've sent a couple of cartoons on the subject to Private Eye, so hope he lives until they're published.

Get anything in?
My copy just arrived.

What's the difference between Trump and Moses? Moses went round with Aaron.

First we assume the left complain about non PC comedy, now we assume the right is complaining about Nabil Abdulrashid (BGT) comedy about race. That just leaves the Lib Dems, which ironically included most of Monty Python, Billy Bayley, Tony Robinsons and loads more. They've even fielded several comedian MPs : Clement Freud and Lembit Opik. Why is such a small party over represented and supported by comedic talent ?

Why are so many (on either side) complaining about comedy simply because they don't like the topics ? How on earth did Trump manage to fire a Canadian cartoonist and SNL comedy writer ? It's war on comedy ! I see BGT was defianant about the complaints and Ofcom did nothing, maybe that's the way forwards , don't validate invalid complaints (unless it comes from a President) ?

Quote: Firkin @ 13th October 2020, 1:08 PM

That just leaves the Lib Dems, which ironically included most of Monty Python, Billy Bayley, Tony Robinsons and loads more. They've even fielded several comedian MPs : Clement Freud and Lembit Opik. Why is such a small party over represented and supported by comedic talent ?

John Cleese definitely supported the Lib Dems. I'm not sure anyone else in Monty Python is or was ever a Lib Dem though?
Tony Robinson was actively Labour. Bill Bailey supported Corbyn.
Lembit Opik was a Lib Dem MP who made a brief not very successful stab at a comedy career afterwards. He was never a comedy talent.
So I think you overstate your case here!

Trump seems to be nearly 10% behind with two weeks to go.
Surprisingly, his tactic of behaving like a lunatic who acts like he wants to infect as many people as possible doesn't seem to be playing well.

I don't remember anything being said when the polls indicated he was ahead.
Those polls that nobody ever knows who takes part.
But at least they are always deadly correct :D

He hasn't been ahead for ages.

There are 23 houses on my street. Six of them are displaying political signs: one for Biden and five for Trump. (None of them are mine.)

I voted yesterday and heard nothing but pro-Trump comments during the 75 minutes I was in line, although there wasn't much conversation due to distancing and masks. I walked away with a free sticker, a free pencil, and hopefully Covid-free.

So Trump is very popular then? Fair enough. He is projected to win Texas, of course.

FULL DISCLOSURE: My neighbor's father just gave me a Trump sign, so now there's one in my yard. It's now 6:1 Trump. :)

I don't know anyone who votes Tory but they always f**king win

Quote: lofthouse @ 21st October 2020, 6:49 PM

Apart, of course, from the nine times they didn't. In 1945, 1950, 1964, 1966, 1974 (twice), 1997. 2001 & 2005.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 21st October 2020, 8:03 PM

Apart, of course, from the nine times they didn't. In 1945, 1950, 1964, 1966, 1974 (twice), 1997. 2001 & 2005.

I'm not sure Lofthouse meant his comment to be taken quite as literally as that.
But just in case he did: the Tories lost General Elections on many other occasions as well!

Quote: DaButt @ 21st October 2020, 6:39 PM

FULL DISCLOSURE: My neighbor's father just gave me a Trump sign, so now there's one in my yard. It's now 6:1 Trump. :)

How do you feel about his latest Supreme Court pick? You think Americans should be denied the right to affordable health care? That women should be denied the right to abortion? That massive gun ownership makes America safer? That Hammurabi's laws were carved in stone? That Hunter Biden would win a dick-measuring contest against Donald Trump Jr?

Quote: lofthouse @ 21st October 2020, 6:49 PM

I did I'm pleased to say.

What sensible option was there?