[PAID] Looking for stand-up comic

Hi there,

My name's Gabriel, I'm a 21 year old videographer based in London. I'm currently writing my dissertation on what it truly means to be a comedian in 2020. It covers how the title of being a comedian is becoming blurred due to the introduction of internet comedy and if this is a good or bad thing.

I want to carry out a study in which a comedian writes a set amount of jokes and performs them firstly through the traditional format of stand-up, and then have them perform the same jokes via the new generation's form of comedy, such as internet memes / videos and compare the two, looking into the changing state of comedy and if this for the best.

I'm looking for someone who is interested in both mediums (stand-up and internet comedy, e.g instagram videos, tiktok videos or reddit memes) who would be willing to have the process of writing the jokes, the performance and the reaction filmed. This would be a paid opportunity.

If you have any prior experience with stand-up, be sure to send some stuff over as this will really help with getting a slot!

Due to COVID-19 restrictions, I'm still looking for a venue and a date, so it is early doors and will keep you posted, but thought it would be good to get the ball rolling. On a side note, if anyone does know of any venues that are currently taking in new talent, be sure to let me know as I'm still searching!

Please do drop me an email at gabe@no-id.co if you're interested!

Cheers,
Gabriel.