Things that piss you off Page 1,789

I hate middle-aged men who try to sound young and cool. Those badass dudes need a motherf**kin dissin.

Fo sho homie

All these degrading terms for ''''''''''modern'''''''''' older women: milf, cougar, gilf etc... I've invented a new one. Spinster.

The word spinster sounds like half woman half spider creation. It just doesn't sound very nice. Funnily enough there's a funny story attached to that funnily enough because tonight I watched an episode with Fred Dibnah on More 4 where he was visiting cotton mills around Bolton and at one he asked a woman who had worked there since she was 14 if she had ever married. She had not.

It made me realise the true history of the word spinster. Disney should make a film called The Lonely Spinster. Like Cinderella but set in Bury. Sarah Lancashire as lead.

Yeah, even now Bachelor sounds cool, Spinster gross. I could argue this provides fascinating insight into how society stereotypes male and female roles. Or I could just shut the f**k up cos I'm f**king bored shitless of gender debate when everyone just does what the f**k they like anyway.

'Sir' sounds much cooler than 'Dame'.

Pantomime Sir doesn't sound as good as Pantomime Dame.

This writer always cheers me up. https://genius.com/Sylvia-plath-spinster-annotated

It used to be so simple to buy a light bulb... :$

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd October 2020, 6:04 PM

It used to be so simple to buy a light bulb... :$

Do you want a hand changing it?

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd October 2020, 8:38 PM

No, I have access to the requisite number of (insert appropriate occupation here) it takes, thanks. Just need help in deciding for which of the ludicrous array of different options I should opt.

100% LED. Have changed to these as old bulbs have blown and will not go back - longer life, less power consumption and far brighter. No contest.

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd October 2020, 8:38 PM

(from me as well)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd October 2020, 9:41 AM

100% LED. Have changed to these as old bulbs have blown and will not go back - longer life, less power consumption and far brighter. No contest.

Thanks. I'll look one out when I'm next in town.

LED lamps do have some disadvantages.
The light is very harsh and has to be diffused.
The cheaper lamps can pulse 50 times a second.
If you have a dimmer switch, normal LED's will not dim (infact, a dimmer will destroy them)
You have to buy dimmable lamps and they are expensive.
If the lamp is going to be seen ie bare bulb. Buy the more expensive ones - they have a better diffuse coating. If they are going with lampshades, the shade will diffuse the light.