Status report Page 6,079

Spent the weekend rewatching The IT Crowd. I hadn't seen it for years except for the odd episode. I didn't enjoy it as much as I remeber.

Quote: reds @ 18th October 2020, 12:27 PM

Spent the weekend rewatching The IT Crowd. I hadn't seen it for years except for the odd episode. I didn't enjoy it as much as I remeber.

? Status? You might get a response here..................

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/347/17/

Quote: Chappers @ 14th October 2020, 8:46 PM

Are you David Smith?

Yes I am David Smith. But I'm not called David Smith. Made a thread a few months ago, about it all and the past if you want to see it

Quote: Wheel @ 18th October 2020, 4:18 PM

Yes I am David Smith. But I'm not called David Smith. Made a thread a few months ago, about it all and the past if you want to see it

Link please?

Quote: Will Cam @ 18th October 2020, 7:31 PM

Link please?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/35060/#P1204510

Quote: reds @ 18th October 2020, 12:27 PM

It still creases me up.

Quote: Chappers @ 20th October 2020, 10:18 PM

It still creases me up.

Thought you were looking a bit more wrinkled these days. :P

I've just changed my Facebook password which is a daily occurrence. Bloody pain in the arse as someone keeps trying to hack me.

No, I don't have anything to say on this particular thread, lovely though it is. I am a man of little words which is why I like sheep, goats, horses and seals. And people who are totally agreable and say nothing at all - as my mother always told me they were the most attractive. She's 90 now, love her, and a sado-masochist who never got over her protection of her vagina and when she gave up knitting Bart Simpsons it just got worse . She thinks she is a policeman. She isn't but she does have the most overpowering balls.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st October 2020, 5:57 PM

I've just changed my Facebook password which is a daily occurrence. Bloody pain in the arse as someone keeps trying to hack me.

Can you set up two-factor authentication on Facebook? I use it where I can now, much more secure.

Banished permanently by the look of it. The trouble is there is no contact where you can appeal.

You can't use Facebook because your account, or activity on it, didn't follow our Community Standards.
We have already reviewed this decision and it can't be reversed.
To learn more about the reasons why we disable accounts, visit the Community Standards.

Had a nice Thanksgiving visit with my daughter and grandkids, now I'm waiting on my delayed flight in Denver. Goodbye snow!

That's something I don't miss.We had snow on Christmas Day the last time I was in the UK.Might go to the beach this year :)

Quote: john tregorran @ 28th November 2020, 4:22 AM

That's something I don't miss.We had snow on Christmas Day the last time I was in the UK.Might go to the beach this year :)

That, is a complete anathema to me. You're welcome to it. Ugh.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th October 2020, 8:38 PM

Banished permanently by the look of it. The trouble is there is no contact where you can appeal.

You can't use Facebook because your account, or activity on it, didn't follow our Community Standards.
We have already reviewed this decision and it can't be reversed.
To learn more about the reasons why we disable accounts, visit the Community Standards.

You mean you can no longer log in to your account because it was hacked and then deleted? A few years ago I posted a picture of a cardboard box on fb and someone mentioned it had a striking resemblance to a certain American president and all of a sudden I had been logged out and when I tried logging back in I was told my account was under review. A few days later I could log in as normal but they could easily have deleted my account for nothing more than posting a picture of a cardboard box. I don't use facebook often and all my photos uploaded to it are backed up on several devices so to lose my account wouldn't be the end of the world but when it's through no fault of my own like in your case Mr Chappers I would be more than miffed. Peeved even.

If you kept changing the password and someone was guessing it you need to work out if a.) someone has hacked your PC or b.) you are choosing weak passwords. The answer is probably b so start using passwords like this:

GjwFnJfgi+_we~@rt55"$w30@{;][,M

The above password that I just created at random would be considered very strong and I would use it for my most sensitive accounts. Accounts that other accounts link to so I need to keep it water bloody tight sireebob, Very long passwords like the one above are not designed to be memorised. They are designed to use with a password manager like Keepass that you can use to store all your passwords. It's a pain to update them on new devices so I generally change all my passwords every six months. Using any other security feature available like passcodes and 2FA is always worthwhile. Memorable phrases and key dates used to be a popular security feature but these have become easily exploitable so the best way to go is passcodes and 2FA,