DVD collection Page 24

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 21st February 2020, 10:42 AM

Real life is also available.

Not as amusing.

I love comedy. It's a nice way of relaxing. I am rather proud of my collection and hope to build it up even more one day.

It's a very hearty, respectable gathering of titles, Wheel. A really nice range.

Quote: Aaron @ 21st February 2020, 11:20 AM

It's a very hearty, respectable gathering of titles, Wheel. A really nice range.

Thanks for recommending You're Only Young Twice to me. I really enjoyed that series. I loved Peggy Mount in it! Fabulous series. So was Pat Coombs. Really liked the series.

Pleasure! Could have done with a lot more of those two on screen together!

Now get thee to George And The Dragon. :D

Quote: Aaron @ 21st February 2020, 11:39 AM

Pleasure! Could have done with a lot more of those two on screen together!

I have just ordered George and The Dragon, along with Hancock's Half Hour and Sykes! Looking forward to watching them.

Oooh you lucky thing.

I haven't actually seen all of Sykes myself, but they're the kind of shows one wishes one could discover every week. Pure joy.

Quote: Aaron @ 14th June 2020, 9:36 PM

Oooh you lucky thing.

I haven't actually seen all of Sykes myself, but they're the kind of shows one wishes one could discover every week. Pure joy.

I usually buy 3 or 4 boxsets with my wages every month. The best time of the month! I am watching and Mother Makes Five at the moment. Really looking forward to Hancock the most, as I have heard some many great things about it.

Quote: Wheel @ 14th June 2020, 9:55 PM

Really looking forward to Hancock the most, as I have heard some many great things about it.

You won't be disappointed, bought this many years ago and still go back to it. Timeless classic comedy from G&S and The Lad Himself.

Quote: Aaron @ 21st February 2020, 11:39 AM

Thank you Aaron re George & the Dragon and You're Only Young Twice as have now just bought both sets.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th June 2020, 2:28 PM

Thank you Aaron re George & the Dragon and You're Only Young Twice as have now just bought both sets.

SPLENDID. Have fun, H!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th June 2020, 2:28 PM

You won't be disappointed, bought this many years ago and still go back to it. Timeless classic comedy from G&S and The Lad Himself.

You're Only Young Twice is fantastic! Peggy Mount and Pat Coombs are really a great combinatiion on screen! Enjoy!

Quote: Wheel @ 19th June 2020, 9:23 AM

You're Only Young Twice is fantastic! Peggy Mount and Pat Coombs are really a great combinatiion on screen! Enjoy!

Love them both - just have to look or listen to Pat and break out in a big smile.

I remember when Dick Emery used to show the outtakes at the end of his shows, and one, which sadly I cannot find anywhere, involved him and Pat as husband and wife coming back off holiday via the ferry. You see them walking along the dockside, next to the ferry they've just got off, when it sounds its hooter - quick as a flash Dick shakes one trouser leg and says "Sorry about that" (suggesting he'd dropped one of course), leaving Pat stopped dead in her tracks and in absolute hysterics unable to carry on with her words, as Dick carried on walking with a big smile on his face.

Looking forward to my Upstairs Downstairs Boxset to come tomorrow. I don't usually go for drama, but something about this intrigued me and I liked the look of it, and I do like You Rang M'Lord a lot so I decided to get this. Boxset for upstairs downstairs have a ton of extras too!

Quote: Wheel @ 18th October 2020, 3:59 PM

Looking forward to my Upstairs Downstairs Boxset to come tomorrow. I don't usually go for drama, but something about this intrigued me and I liked the look of it, and I do like You Rang M'Lord a lot so I decided to get this. Boxset for upstairs downstairs have a ton of extras too!

Bought this and watched many years ago - my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it all again.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th October 2020, 4:07 PM

Bought this and watched many years ago - my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it all again.

I hope I enjoy it. Like I said I don't usually do Drama, but reading about the characters and the history it covers, and the period is in is fascinating for me and sounds really interesting