Hello Page 2

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 10th July 2020, 9:34 AM

Apologies if I've posted this before, but the proudest moment of my life was when a total stranger saw me and went, 'Heyyy! You're the guy that jerks off to Mel C, right?'

I once tried to jerk off to Ginger Spice

Took me about 7 hours but I got there in the end

Yyyyyuck

More sound advice. When Terrence publishes, I think we all deserve a credit.

I have concluded my book it took longer than I thought however I am happy with how its come out. That said this is only the first stage of my attempt to get recognised as a half decent comedy writer.
As such I have posted the first chapter in Critique and I would be grateful if anyone could find the time to scan it for me as I have been so close to it that I may not have seen basic errors. This is not laziness on my part I have really really done my best with the spelling and grammar and structure and I can do no more.
I do not have the money to pay an editor or a proof reader as such so my plan is to initially send out the first chapter with a synopsis to as many publishers as I can in the hope that one takes a look and likes what they see.
That being the case I would be really grateful if anyone could take a look and see if they can see a problem before I send it off. It's a big ask I know as its 3000 words but if you did and it gets noticed you would be instrumental in creating a book.
Teddy

Best of luck with this pal

I hoping thats well wishing rather than an assessment of my chances :P

Typo/mistake in first paragraph Teddy. He should be she.

Ta Ste I have just looked at so much I am word blind it sounds mad but that's what happening, I must be turning into a 'Barmpot' :)

No that ones ok its He who is climbing the stairs

Right I agree....but it did sound like mop lady lol

It was still a shout mate and I'm grateful for it

I thought it was very funny.And Georgina Dixon.........I like it :)

I must admit I think a good hike is good for body and soul.

Thanks John she is named in homage to Dock Greens finest as her dad was a massive fan but he burst his ear drums playing the trombone in Sea Cadets so could never be a policeman so she joined instead and he is very proud of her. I'm glad you liked it.

:) I think you've created an interesting character in Mason.I want to know what's he going to get up to.That's the secret of a good book,get the reader wanting to turn the pages.

Thanks for that John he does become rather more and more 'eccentric' as the plot thickens but the hero is eventually Georgina. I just hope a publisher reads it and has the same opinion as you do ,

Does she solve crimes too?I can see a Georgina series.
Would Tamsin Grieg be too old for the part :)

She more manipulates reality to obscure the negative John but it looks like its been solved and that's her main concern. As for Tamsin that works for me mate :P