Newsjack Series 23 - September 2020 Page 6

Same. Little time. Rushed off 2 BNs and 3 BWGWs at last minute. They were a bit obvious but fun to do so, whatever.

Quote: Kenny Bania @ 6th October 2020, 10:52 AM

I'd love to know how the submission numbers are for this series - whether many people who would be otherwise at work and aren't ( or are home based ) are finding they have more time to try and write stuff. Don't know where other people live, but where I am able the weekend weather was pretty desperate - an ideal time to sit in and fine tune a sketch

They just answered a Twitter query..submissions have definitely increased.
Still when you are competing against 500 or 600 or 700 sketches which I reckon is normal non pandemic stuff and they put 4 on, another 300 makes no bleeding difference.

Quote: skram @ 6th October 2020, 11:17 AM

I was very short for time this week, no sketches and only 3 breaking news - not holding out much hope!

Hope you got through this time after last weeks ' time out '

Quote: Kenny Bania @ 6th October 2020, 12:44 PM

Hope you got through this time after last weeks ' time out '

Ha yes, well I got the auto-response very quickly today thanks.... probably helped by me hitting refresh 50 times per second :)

I think the lack of audience must make it harder for them to put together a funny show, whilst we all have our own sense of humour there's nothing like the broad brush of the audience's reaction to give you a definitive answer before editing. Maybe they could have issued "Zoom" tickets and had an online audience?

Felt like pulling teeth, those one liners. Finally dragged out 2 BNs and 1 GWBW that I could bear to submit. Good luck to all this week!

Was really a struggle this week. Two atrocious puns and another low quality 'gag' made up my BN this week. If I had to say them out loud to get them submitted I think I would be too embarrassed to bother. The GWBWs were of the same low standard that they always have been.

Quote: Exe Chris @ 6th October 2020, 5:09 PM

Was really a struggle this week. Two atrocious puns and another low quality 'gag' made up my BN this week. If I had to say them out loud to get them submitted I think I would be too embarrassed to bother. The GWBWs were of the same low standard that they always have been.

Atrocious puns is the sort of puns they like. Good luck

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 8th October 2020, 12:44 PM

Atrocious puns is the sort of puns they like. Good luck

True

They are saying on Twitter that the e-mails have gone out, which means it's a bad week for me because I haven't received one.

another barron week for me

Genuinely very disappointed this week as I think I've sent in some of my best stuff

Nothing here either. Made the mistake of allowing myself to feel a bit of hopefulness about my sketches so feeling a bit more despondent than usual this week.

Same. Expected. Luckily didn't spend time I didn't have to spare writing the material I sent.

Obvious I know but just because your work doesn't get on, doesn't mean it's not very good..it has to be a lottery due to sheer levels of numbers.

Rejects here I come......

Puns obviously not atrocious enough...

Swing and a miss for me too. I'm not regularly active on here, is it a lower success rate than usual?