BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 14

The manager who's name sounds like a horse walking on cobblestones was very magnanimous after the 7 2 thrashing though.
He never mentioned that 5 of the AV goals were bad deflections.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 5th October 2020, 9:39 PM

Clause A1 of the rules

...but they can't finish higher than 7th if they don't meet the modest target.

He'll have to start posting before gameweek 17 at the very latest though or he'll be barred from winning this time.

A) What rules? I haven't seen any rules.

B) So how, exactly, is it proposed that the league table (calculated & published by the national organisers) is to be adjusted to prevent any person from winning or relegating someone finishing in the top 6 to a lower position?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 5th October 2020, 5:12 PM

Is it really possible that even after spelling it out for you you still don't get it? It's not me calling you a c**t (although you are one) It's my comedy persona. I don't actually drive a cab. I'm not obnoxious in real life.

Again, you ignored my question, which means it's YOU that don't get it and it is YOU that is the c**t - can't you see that, or are you that stupid.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th October 2020, 10:37 AM

IF you are deleted you are certainly deleted once and for all.

Total bollocks.

Deleted teams have a 3 week grace period and can return in that time without penalty.

You can't delete a team or account with immediate effect. The process takes 21 days. If you log back in during that time it cancels the deactivation and every single point is restored (this includes points scored during the deactivation process).

[quote name="Godot Taxis" post="1226579" date="5th October 2020, 5:12 PM"It's not me calling you a c**t (although you are one) It's my comedy persona. I don't actually drive a cab. I'm not obnoxious in real life.[/quote]

Yes, it is you calling him a c**t and this is real life,

I won't be posting on this thread again.

I naively thought this was a fun game to entertain us through bad times with a bit of badinage thrown in to spice it up.

Now it seems some are actually getting upset... that'll never do.

Who's going to the first to throw the board in the air and say 'stupid game'?

Quote: playfull @ 6th October 2020, 8:21 AM

[quote name="Godot Taxis" post="1226579" date="5th October 2020, 5:12 PM"It's not me calling you a c**t (although you are one) It's my comedy persona. I don't actually drive a cab. I'm not obnoxious in real life.

No it really isn't real life.

I called him a c**t twice - once in character and once out of character. The joke is I don't actually think he's a c**t at all (well, maybe a little bit). These are just metatextual fronds that I'm draping over the words because this is a comedy site and we're a bit knowing here. Well, some of us are.

Many people were very keen to see me return to posting. Instead of taking your ball away (yes, I reckon you've only got one[Did you see what I did there]) why don't you take the time to become acquainted with my posting (via google) and sit back and enjoy it. There you go. That was off the meter. I won't be so conciliatory next time.

Quote: playfull @ 6th October 2020, 8:21 AM

I won't be posting on this thread again.

That's not very playful of you.

Quote: don rushmore @ 6th October 2020, 2:25 AM

Total bollocks.

Deleted teams have a 3 week grace period and can return in that time without penalty.

You can't delete a team or account with immediate effect. The process takes 21 days. If you log back in during that time it cancels the deactivation and every single point is restored (this includes points scored during the deactivation process).

So what did they ban you for?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th October 2020, 11:23 PM

Again, you ignored my question, which means it's YOU that don't get it and it is YOU that is the c**t - can't you see that, or are you that stupid.

Was your question:

'where's you "old mates" you seem so fond of then?'

If so I assumed that was a rhetorical question, which of course needs no answer. If it wasn't and you want an answer, pick one or more of the following:

• I've no idea.
• I don't have any mates on here.
• I'm not fond of them, I just find them less irritating (except Gerry).

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 6th October 2020, 8:12 PM

These are just metatextual fronds that I'm draping over the words because this is a comedy site and we're a bit knowing here. Well, some of us are.

I think you're getting mixed up over the expressions "a comedy site" and "childish abuse" and confusing the word "metetextual" with "tiresome". I've no idea with what you're confusing the word "fronds".

why don't you take the time to become acquainted with my posting (via google) and sit back and enjoy it.

I'm sorry but I've got some drying paint that needs watching.

So what did they ban you for?

Multiple accounts were registered under my IP address.

I won't be posting on this thread again.[/quote]
Eh? Come back Playful, he's only being playful.

Hmm, a couple of players here not really taking to the banter of returning players. I agree it's not a bad idea to look at some of the older FF threads to get a taste of it, as it probably is one that takes some acquiring. :$ I don't know if that's helped or made it worse. Teary

Since those posting days Alfred, the country/world has become more and more pc and sensitive to hurty feelings.
Man up and shrug it off doesn't apply anymore.
Police are actually arresting people for saying what they think.
Or in a lot of cases - being sued in the high court.

Laurence Fox was called a racist on twitter so he replied 'then you are a paedophile' Court proceeding have now been initiated against LF.

All this rubs off in these cotton wool wrapped days.

why don't you take the time to become acquainted with my posting (via google) and sit back and enjoy it.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 7th October 2020, 7:41 AM

I agree it's not a bad idea to look at some of the older FF threads to get a taste of it, as it probably is one that takes some acquiring.

I'm not sure why you both think that reading loads of old infantile inanities (and indeed profanities) would make the reading of current infantile inanities and profanities any more pleasurable.

And, Alf, I note that you have not answered my twice-asked question as to how you propose, unilaterally, to amend the nationally calculated league table to fit in with the so-called "rules" that are being made up as we go along so I assume that you accept that it is not possible. So why not just allow everyone to enjoy playing the game in the way that they wish without the constant (empty) threats of "barring" players from winning or from finishing higher than 7th?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th October 2020, 10:19 PM

I think you're getting mixed up over the expressions "a comedy site" and "childish abuse" and confusing the word "metetextual" with "tiresome". I've no idea with what you're confusing the word "fronds".

It's hard to think of anything more tiresome than naming yourself after a character created by somebody else, whose comedy trait is he's fat and eats pies.

That's weapons-grade lack of originality.

And you appear to have confused 'comedy site', with 'braindead time waster's f**kyard'.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th October 2020, 10:19 PM

I'm sorry but I've got some drying paint that needs watching.

You look like the sort of lazy prick who enjoys watching paint dry - especially when he hasn't applied it himself.

And this is your comedy persona. Right.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th October 2020, 7:33 PM

And this is your comedy persona. Right.

Nope. That's typical Godot.