The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 704

Quote: DaButt @ 4th October 2020, 8:10 PM

Villa up 4-1 over Liverpool at the half. A hat trick for Ollie Watkins. Am I dreaming?

7 f**king 2 ??

What the actual f**k !!!!!

A few weeks ago Villa were staring relegation in the eye. Today they whipped the defending champs 7-2. 2020 continues to surprise.

Yeah, minutes from probably selling a cut price Grealish and three games later he's added probably 30 Million to his price tag. Also lucky that Brentford blew an automatic promotion and had to break up their high scoring BMW, and swooped for the W. That's another 30 million increase in one game! You'd probably be doing quite well in our FF team right now. And it's always nice to see the runaway champions get thumped. :) Van Dijk's price has dropped by 30 million. Thought he was overrated.

That Villa win has to be the equal of humble Sunderland beating the mighty Leeds for being satisfyingly shocking.

That's the top three from last season beaten 7-2, 6-1 & 5-2 in the past week.

Quote: lofthouse @ 4th October 2020, 9:15 PM

7 f**king 2 ??

What the actual f**k !!!!!

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Did you realise that James Acaster had joined Leicester?

Quote: Chappers @ 6th October 2020, 9:18 PM

Did you realise that James Acaster had joined Leicester?

I did notice that Newcastle signed Wilson & Fraser and Everton have signed Godfrey. Just waiting for Sponge to make his debut now.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th October 2020, 10:16 PM

I did notice that Newcastle signed Wilson & Fraser and Everton have signed Godfrey. Just waiting for Sponge to make his debut now.

:) I think Chelsea have bought a Spanish Jones.

WTF does all this mean, AND more to the point, WHY?

"Expected goals (xG) measures the quality of a shot based on several variables such as assist type, shot angle and distance from goal, whether it was a headed shot and whether it was defined as a big chance."

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th October 2020, 10:36 AM

WTF does all this mean, AND more to the point, WHY?

"Expected goals (xG) measures the quality of a shot based on several variables such as assist type, shot angle and distance from goal, whether it was a headed shot and whether it was defined as a big chance."

I've been confused by that for over a year.

It actually means Bollocks.

The new Plough Lane stadium opens its doors tonight (or would do if anyone was allowed to go through them).

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 3rd November 2020, 6:28 PM

The new Plough Lane stadium opens its doors tonight (or would do if anyone was allowed to go through them).

I would've loved to be there for the first match. I will get down there as soon as I can.

Saw it a few years ago - coming up on Talking Pictures TV, Sat. 14/11 at 1.40pm, and a double delight for football fans who like a good murder film - "The Arsenal Stadium Mystery" from 1939, which is quite good for a pre war film, which has a murder which takes place during a match between Arsenal and The Trojans (actually Brentford). I seem to remember that the victim was one of the footballers who collapses on the field and then I think there is another murder.

Bit different and well worth a look.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th November 2020, 12:40 AM

Saw it a few years ago - coming up on Talking Pictures TV, Sat. 14/11 at 1.40pm, and a double delight for football fans who like a good murder film - "The Arsenal Stadium Mystery" from 1939, which is quite good for a pre war film, which has a murder which takes place during a match between Arsenal and The Trojans (actually Brentford). I seem to remember that the victim was one of the footballers who collapses on the field and then I think there is another murder.

Bit different and well worth a look.

Yes - I seem to remember seeing it too some years ago but not like you when it first came out.