BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 13

Yep, Lamps played under two big rotators and it seems to have rubbed off on him. The bench can be like a torture chamber waving lots of goddies at you that you can't get. Nice to have a Toffee with us for a change JP, there's too much support for red teams here. Hope they keep up the good start.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th October 2020, 9:35 AM

As it stands at the moment, I've moved up a place! And would have been higher IF I'd have not left Jorghino on the bench, which I did because he's scored f**k all in the previous two weeks. Angry I'll take anything that's going at the mo' tho' :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th October 2020, 3:29 PM

AND, as if to rub salt into the wound, Bellerin, who also did bugger all in the last two weeks, brings in 12 points for me, but he too is on the my bench. FFS AngryAngryAngry

Herc, you jump the gun too much, they both got in your team! Patience and all that Angelic

Ooh ooh, did I not stick Brewster in my 11 knowing he wouldn't be played and had Ollie waiting in the wings to replace him. So I think I did. What a lovely, lovely man. Grealish involved in just five of the seven goals. Have been championing him for months. The new Gascoigne, Southgate - get on board with his remarkable individuality in character terms and drop your po-faced control issue prejudice or frankly get out. The fact that I am 6 months pregnant with his kid is neither here nor there. I'm just worried about Covid in the maternity ward and the fact that it will be the first transgender player with society on its knees.

Long term order of Premier League affiliation:

1 The Arsenal
2 The Toon
3 The Villa

After which little...but Bielsa can't do any wrong in my book.

But tonight. Matthew Le Tissier, have you grown a beard?, hi de hi, I will be "the Villa is my turf".

I can see it by the rouge of the blood splattered a la Jackson Pollock across a council tower esplanade from some knife which is fate and so non malevolent but it just rewards Gods. The Bible. It may be underrated.

This is as staggering as my position will be in the League tonight.

Incidentally, Hi Don. Is that Thai bird still cooking you noodles to calm you down?

She's nice but I go for a more in your face bosom myself.

Much more to suck on, especially (though it isn't essential) if there are two.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th October 2020, 5:08 PM

I noticed you had a lot of points sat on their arses :(

Story of my life Angry

Quote: jphellpool @ 4th October 2020, 5:59 PM

*Wanders off muttering something about Lampard being a tit*

:D

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 4th October 2020, 10:11 PM

Herc, you jump the gun too much, they both got in your team! Patience and all that Angelic

How can I be patient with 20 f**king points - I tell you, if my luck doesn't change soon, I'm jacking it in.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th October 2020, 11:21 PM

Story of my life Angry

:D

How can I be patient with 20 f**king points - I tell you, if my luck doesn't change soon, I'm jacking it in.

Oh come along man. Don't get upset.

Half the country is shagging to my gigantic victory tonight which doesn't mean that I'm not reduced to a frail wank as usual.

Best wishes to you, by the way. I always liked you and even if pushed admired you. I would love to meet up with you - genuinely - to have mild based proper mild interests based conversation and to slag off anyone who is sick enough to be having regular sex.

They don't know their arse Lampard from their elbow.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th October 2020, 11:21 PM

How can I be patient with 20 f**king points.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 4th October 2020, 11:01 PM

Ooh ooh, did I not stick Brewster in my 11 knowing he wouldn't be played and had Ollie waiting in the wings to replace him.

And stuff poor old Alf in the H2H. Angry Unlike you and Herc, the players I picked scored the points, not my rejects. Should count double. Unimpressed

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 4th October 2020, 11:39 PM

They've played Bellerin and Jorginho off my bench as the two I had on the field didn't play, so now I have 46 points.................ahhh, feel better now.

And, "leapt" up to 6th in the Herc2Herc :D

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th September 2020, 12:35 PM

Your deleted player was Don. He says he had a fracas with the management and was rubbed out.

You'll probably win your H2H this week Billy

Actually, no. :$

I must be the only team in history who has lost to a team that has been deleted from league. How does that work then?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 5th October 2020, 10:00 AM

Actually, no. :$

I must be the only team in history who has lost to a team that has been deleted from league. How does that work then?

I think that's Don playing silly buggers by changing his team's name in "protest" at being booted off the FPL when he called them a load of (insert expletive of your choice)

IF you are deleted you are certainly deleted once and for all.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd October 2020, 10:40 AM

BUT suspect come Sunday night Godot will leapfrog me. :(

I'm physic, me. Cool

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th October 2020, 11:04 AM

I'm physic, me. Cool

The spelling's a joke, before anyone gets over excited

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th September 2020, 9:52 AM

Well thanks a f**king bunch, and we love you too. At least us persona non grata post to this thread and revived a thread/league that was dying through lack of support - where's you "old mates" you seem so fond of then?

Is it really possible that even after spelling it out for you you still don't get it? It's not me calling you a c**t (although you are one) It's my comedy persona. I don't actually drive a cab. I'm not obnoxious in real life.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st October 2020, 1:35 PM

NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS

Please post from time to time, as there is a minimum of SIX Different Gameweek Posts per season needed for a final top six position to count.

At the end of the season, League Secretary Herc will publish the Final Standings Table with adjustments for the penalties of failing to meet the posting requirement as above.

This is way too low a bar. I say 30 game weeks (allowing for illness and court appearances). Also, as I said before, league members should not drive-by-post - ignoring conversations going on as they post. Finally at least half of those posts should be 'quality posts' with jokes or pertinent observations, not the current self-reflective drivel and back-biting that no-one else can understand anyway.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 1st October 2020, 3:55 PM

None of this was relayed to prospective members when they were being urged to join. You can't change the terms & conditions of entry once a game has started.

We can do what we want, fat boy.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 1st October 2020, 3:55 PM

Maybe we shouldn't be allowing one member, who wasn't even in the league last year and can't seem to decide whether or not he can be bothered to be in it this year, and who is pretending to throw his toys out of the pram just for effect, to dictate conditions to the other 13 (or is it 12 - it seems to change on a daily basis).

I presume you're not talking about me but who are you, anyway? I've never heard of you.

Quote: don rushmore @ 30th September 2020, 6:52 PM

We're now into GW4 but still no sign of Dan or Shaggy. Or Anton. And barely a peep from jphellpool. I was promised a league of regular posters only.

What say you, administrators?

If I remember rightly Anton never posted much and Shaggy never posted at all. Since Anton is a writer and Shaggy is at leat semi-literate this isn't acceptable at all. Get them out.

I've no idea who jphellpool is but he should be excluded for having a stupid name.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 29th September 2020, 10:45 AM

I realise now to whom you were referring in the first post. For a moment there I thought perhaps you were denigrating the rest of us. Whereas the rest of us seem to be coping ok with all this technology.

The quote was: "Out of a group of retards, idiots and wankers - you're the luckiest."

Since I'm also in the group I would have thought it was obvious that I was 'denigrating' everyone, but since you want to make an issue of it, yes, I did have you principally in mind when I was referring to' retards, idiots, wankers'.

Highest points total this week and the second highest last week means I've passed a couple of punters who've been in it since week one. Not bad.

I'm still 60-odd points off Anton, Ben and Radish though, which is a good week's score, and Anton's better than me so I don't see myself taking the cup this year.

I see Don's changed his name to '??Started GW4??' which is a lie, since he started GW3. 

Anton won't be taking the cup unless he starts posting. Clause A1 of the rules - You can't just post in the last six weeks when it looks like you might win. 3 posts must be in weeks 1-19 and 3 in weeks 20 - 38. Absolute minimum that is, post more if possible.

Yes, I agree the bar is low at six, the problem with having a high bar for non posters is they have no chance of making it and probably some regular posters won't. In my experience you don't coax non participants in with anything more than token targets. If they reach that we can build it up maybe for next season. In resurrecting a league you can't be too heavy handed or you'll be back to a handful in an instant.

I'm not expecting any posts at all from Shaggy or Dan, but they can't finish higher than 7th if they don't meet the modest target. Same goes for Anton, one of the favourites, but he does have a habit of popping in after long quiet spells. He'll have to start posting before gameweek 17 at the very latest though or he'll be barred from winning this time. An end of season review will decide if those who don't meet the posting requirement will be allowed to play next season. But that's for then, not now.

The thread is so far lacking funny pictures, can someone post some, preferably of Liverpool getting stuffed 7-2 by Villa. Thank you.