The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 703

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 6th August 2020, 7:37 AM

Laughing out loud Did they come onto the pitch holding hands?

I remember this kid being bigged up since he was 13! If he goes on to be world class, this photo will keep cropping up!

It all starts again tomorrow eh.
Missing not pushing through a turnstile, grabbing a pint, supping it then off to my seat.

I pay for iFollow football streaming service and it's just better than not watching the game.
It makes you realise how sophisticated Sky sports is.

I watch live HTAFC games on iFollow and the coverage is so bad, it's good - well comical anyway.

I have a 100MB internet connection but at times the picture buffers and goes so low definition they look like cartoons.
Instead of a running commentary, they strap a local radio stations coverage of the match on it.
But the radio is 10 -15 seconds behind the actual action on the screen.

You see a goal (admittedly not often with Huddersfield) and the players are back on the centre circle for the kick off when suddenly the commentator shouts GOAL!!!

As with all teams these days we have a lot of foreign players with unusual names.
The radio Leeds commentator just can't get his tongue round them so his mispronunciations are hilarious.
Florent Hadergjonaj has left us now but he never once pronounced his name correctly.

I've got my season ticket. The league starts on October 3rd.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th September 2020, 9:08 PM

I've got my season ticket. The league starts on October 3rd.

What league and are there fans allowed? I can't see how, with the winter lockdown looming.

What a shame Elland Road is empty for what looks like their best team since Don Revie's. Robbed of a certain point, maybe three last night. Proper football is back in the Premiership! Pirate

Sutton United in the National League. They've put a cap on 750 season tickets.

700 left...

Hey I occasionally watch a local team Liversedge who's dream is to get into the national league.
Harrogate managed it, so they can dream.
I've been there when there were about 50 supporters and two dogs.
Ironically, about 7 years ago they did win promotion to the northern national league but FA inspectors disallowed them for not having seperate changing rooms for female referees.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 13th September 2020, 12:06 PM

................................... but FA inspectors disallowed them for not having seperate changing rooms for female referees.

Didn't I read somewhere it was more to do with a peep hole in one of the partition walls.

I told you I did that in confidence....blabber mouth.

What are you getting so upset about - you didn't get prosecuted did yer, after I gave you a character reference.

So the initial problem with women's football was that they called themselves by the same names as normal football clubs so when radio said, for example, Manchester City you didn't know quickly if it was an item about Sterling, De Bruyne and a squad of 22 other Greek Gods fathered by the genius Pep Guardiola or instead a couple of bints from Salford called Elsie and Ena plus nine nonentity babes from Minnesota.

Now they have gone for the added women tag so it is now all "Manchester City Women" etc. But what this does is lead within a year to the requirement for every team of men having the word "Men" added to each club name. Does anyone agree with me not only would that not be a satisfactory outcome for the remaining ones of us who are proper blokes but that the obvious answer is now to make women's football unlawful?

I was always keen on VAR, and thought it would clear up those "did it go over the line goals!?", for example the Lampard goal against Germany in the World Cup farrago yonks ago; BUT now it's become stupid and farcical with the handball decisions, which are ruining the game.

On Football Focus this lunchtime they said last season there were 100 penalties and now, if it keeps going on as it is with these "handball" decisions, this season will finish up with 270 - f**king ridiculous.

Currently Man Utd 1 Spurs 5

Lol!

Quote: lofthouse @ 4th October 2020, 5:42 PM

Currently Man Utd 1 Spurs 5

Lol!

It finished 1-6.

How long do you think Ole has got?

Villa up 4-1 over Liverpool at the half. A hat trick for Ollie Watkins. Am I dreaming?

It's a funny old game, Saint...