HIGNFY - Series 60

OK, difficult times maybe with the current situation and certainly better than the talking heads last series, BUT I don't know, it just seems to have lost its spark, and yet again we see Merton win by one point, which I suppose is not surprising when he keeps jumping in with a barrage of answers to things like the odd one out photos - Ian is too much of a gentleman to lower himself to do that.

It's so much better being back in the studio, and let's be honest the Government is giving them so many open goals.

The Zoom stuff a few months ago was just baffling really.

Just watched the Jennifer Saunders one and it really does feel its time to put the programme to rest.

The repeats of Would I Lie To You on just before had much more energy and comedy and really showed it up. And if you're looking for topical comedy then The Last Leg showed how it should be done.

Ian Hislop can still be cutting and Paul funny when he can be bothered but the whole format just feels tired and safe.

Good as ever. A return to form after the difficult last series.

I haven't seen it since 2006 so that photo of Ian and Paul was a bit of a shock.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd October 2020, 12:17 AM

OK, difficult times maybe with the current situation and certainly better than the talking heads last series, BUT I don't know, it just seems to have lost its spark, and yet again we see Merton win by one point, which I suppose is not surprising when he keeps jumping in with a barrage of answers to things like the odd one out photos - Ian is too much of a gentleman to lower himself to do that.

I think Paul is just better at it than Ian. I don't think it's a class issue!

It was tongue in cheek................ Unimpressed