I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,209

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 28th September 2020, 3:33 PM

Trump seems to have payed a very small amount of his taxes in recent years.....

This simply confirms what economist told us before he ever got elected, that he's worth less now than he inherited and that doesn't even take into account all the money he owed and never paid due to 6 business going bankrupt. I expect most of the subcontractors he never paid inherited less and had less in the bank than he did (that's right 6 failures). He hasn't paid taxes for over 10 years because his previous (or current) losses are bigger than his current income, simple as. That's why he swapped to politics - bullshit floats in politics, but sinks business. 10 years of no tax suggests mammoth losses and explain why he's the first ever President to avoid showing his tax returns.

Still just astonished a US president couldn't bring himself to disown a white supremacist group in a live TV debate.
He has since caved into pressure to do so. Watta guy!

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 1st October 2020, 12:58 PM

Still just astonished a US president couldn't bring himself to disown a white supremacist group in a live TV debate.

Moderator: "Are you willing to condemn white supremacist groups?"
Trump: "Sure. Sure I'm willing to do that."

"Proud Boys - stand back - but stand ready."

A threat - plain and simple.
I don't mind you voting for the guy - but at least own it.

Amid prodding from Wallace and former Vice President Joe Biden to categorically denounce white supremacists, Mr. Trump asked, "What do you want me to call them? Give me a name. Who would you like me to condemn?"
Biden then referenced the Proud Boys, a far-right group, while Wallace said white supremacists.
"The Proud Boys," Mr. Trump said. "Stand back and stand by. But I'll tell you what, I'll tell you what, somebody's got to do something about Antifa and the left, because this is not a right-wing problem."
After the debate, in the Proud Boys' Telegram channel, members boasted of Mr. Trump's reaction. They used "stand back" and "stand by" in the logo and posted videos from the debate with the caption "God. Family. Brotherhood."

Trump should just wear a white hood in the next debate

Partly because he's a racist , secondly we wouldn't have to look at his gormless orange mush

Trump supporters love him and are blind to all his faults.
He'll never do wrong and facts,logic and reasoned debate are wasted on them.
It's fascinating but a bit scary.

You are wrong - everybody see's his short comings, they are not blind.
He will be judged on his results... and that factor will show itself in a second term.

As usual, the presumption is; if you vote for him, you are not quite right.

Perhaps the virus will take him.

Perhaps that's why God sent it to Earth.

Perhaps it's part of the greater scheme of things.

Perhaps I'm talking out of my arse.

Errr

Fake News.
It's a good way of avoiding scrutiny and sensible political debate.
And he'll recover all thanks to the bleach he's been pushing.
His support don't believe the virus exists anyway and will think him brilliantly devious.
He's a cunning bastard :)

I suspect he probably genuinely does have the virus.
As he was openly claiming it was all just a conspiracy by the Democrats and the 'liberal' US media not so long ago and was openly mocking people for wearing face masks, it's hard to feel very sympathetic.
More poetic justice: nobody has done more to undermine the credibility of the information we receive than he has. So, in a way, would serve him right if nobody believed him now.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd October 2020, 8:51 AM

You are wrong - everybody see's his short comings, they are not blind.

Nice to hear! As you and at least one other person on here always bend over backwards to defend him and excuse him of any weaknesses at all, whenever any of these shortcomings are pointed out.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd October 2020, 8:51 AM

He will be judged on his results... and that factor will show itself in a second term.

As usual, the presumption is; if you vote for him, you are not quite right.

It's not about his supporters: it's about HIM.
And judging him on his results?
He surely is doomed then. He's been a spectacularly unsuccessful president.

That's one way of getting out of the next debate #coward

Quote: DaButt @ 1st October 2020, 1:45 PM

Moderator: "Are you willing to condemn white supremacist groups?"
Trump: "Sure. Sure I'm willing to do that."

But he did not go on to issue any condemnation of white supremacist groups. On the contrary, he blamed left-wingers.

Chris Wallace: (41:33)
You have repeatedly criticized the vice president for not specifically calling out Antifa and other left wing extremist groups. But are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia group and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities as we saw in Kenosha and as we've seen in Portland.

President Donald J. Trump: (41:57)
Sure, I'm willing to do that, but ...

Chris Wallace: (41:59)
Are you prepared specifically to do it.

President Donald J. Trump: (42:00)
I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing not from the right wing.

Chris Wallace: (42:04)
But what are you saying?

President Donald J. Trump: (42:06)
I'm willing to do anything. I want to see peace.

Chris Wallace: (42:08)
Well, do it, sir.

Vice President Joe Biden: (42:09)
Say it, do it say it.

President Donald J. Trump: (42:10)
What do you want to call them? Give me a name, give me a name, go ahead who do you want me to condemn.

Chris Wallace: (42:14)
White supremacist and right-wing militia.

Vice President Joe Biden: (42:14)
Proud Boys.

President Donald J. Trump: (42:18)
Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. But I'll tell you what somebody's got to do something about Antifa and the left because this is not a right wing problem this is a left wing...
---
Do you think any American gun-owners are looking forward to a race war or a disputed election result, so they can play with their guns and feel more special/important?

BBC World News (TV) has a watermark advisory (in Asia) that it's for people aged 12+. So why does it persist in treating viewers as if they are four-years-old or a pack of retarded spaniels?

Announcer: "Trump has coronavirus! He is the president of the United States. He posted a Tweet with "Love". He went in a helicopter to hospital. Now let's talk to an expert..."
Expert: "This is unprecedented! The president of the United States is in hospital with coronavirus. We don't know how serious his condition is, but he is old and overweight, which puts him at risk. He went in a helicopter to hospital."
Repeat ad nauseam for 5 hours - don't bother with other news or even analysing the likelihood of Trump's Supreme Court pick getting through.

You have to laugh at the Yanks sometimes - never to be ones to do things with modesty. The announcement/press briefing outside the hospital where Trump is languishing involved TEN consultants coming out to stand around the microphone. Laughing out loud

And on the Andrew Marr paper review this morning they showed a photo of the Republican elite (100+?) sitting on the lawn outside the White House being meet and greeted by Don, and now most of those unmasked participants, just a week later, have the virus.

Talk about piss up in a brewery................and Trump keeps blaming the Chinese for it all. God help us if he's ever given total charge of the Red Button.