Newsjack Series 23 - September 2020 Page 4

Quote: skram @ 29th September 2020, 1:15 PM

I just got my submission email returned 2 hours after sending as "timed out" trying to deliver :( Anyone else had a problem submitting? :(

I had a slight delay in getting the auto reply but went through fine ( around 8.15 this morning )

Good luck all

Fingers crossed everyone. May the e-mail refreshing begin . . . .

Anyone had any news? Can't see anything from anybody on here or on Twitter. My in-box is empty

According to Twitter the emails have gone out. Nothing for me this week though.

nowt from me

Ah, nothing for me again too.

Me neither

Nothing doing here either.

Didn't submit. Too busy. But would be nothing for me even if I had.

Popped my rejected oneliners on the other thread https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/post/1226400/

I wrote a sketch which was very similar to the Attenborough/Friends sketch. Ended up not sending it in in favour of something else, which they rejected.

Great minds I guess. . . .

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 1st October 2020, 10:56 PM

I wrote a sketch which was very similar to the Attenborough/Friends sketch. Ended up not sending it in in favour of something else, which they rejected.

Great minds I guess. . . .

Put it in rejects maybe.

Nothing for me, although I can't be sure they even read mine after the email problems!

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 1st October 2020, 10:56 PM

That was the first sketch I started writing too, then I stopped as I figured it was just too obvious and Newsjack always say not to go with the obvious (apart from when they write it themselves clearly!)... so I wrote a different Attenborough sketch in which he spoke like today's youth in his documentaries.

Ah well, off to the rejects thread for some actual laughs :)

Hiya, here are my two gags for yesterday's Newsjack. I'm still learning the ropes, no pressure.

Sri Lanka says it is sending 21 containers of recycled waste back to the UK after they were found to contain hazardous material. It was returned to the sender, head of policy at 10 Downing Street.

One hundred million UK birds are now in Lockdown and the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds have imposed a 10pm Curlew to stop the spread of Coronavirus.

Hi all. Well done to those getting stuff in the script. I've drawn a blank so far this series but will keep plugging away!

This week I submitted a similar sketch about people suing Disney for basing characters on them - so lots of 'parallel thinking' going on. Just means you're on the right lines!