I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,208

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 26th September 2020, 12:59 AM

I've been thinking the same. There are some serious procedural failures by the arresting officers for that to happen.

And now, it turns out he also had his hands handcuffed behind his back...................I mean wha....................... :S

Now waiting for some knob to say "Lessons will be learnt from this". Oh I know, it'll be Commissioner Dick

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 25th September 2020, 8:11 PM

Princess Anne is up the spout???

Oops. One of Randy Andy's daughters has a cake in the stove. It's stuff like this that people across the world need to know. Thanks BBC "World" "News".

To be fair, that story was widely reported. I don't know about BBC World News but the BBC news coverage on Radio 4 etc is generally excellent.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th September 2020, 9:08 AM

And now, it turns out he also had his hands handcuffed behind his back

I'm having a hard time figuring out how he managed to shoot a cop and himself with his hands handcuffed behind his back. The physics don't seem possible.

Quote: DaButt @ 26th September 2020, 3:01 PM

I'm having a hard time figuring out how he managed to shoot a cop and himself with his hands handcuffed behind his back. The physics don't seem possible.

I know, it all sounds very weird.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th September 2020, 11:36 PM

I know, it all sounds very weird.

Just a hunch, but I'm going to guess that he was either handcuffed in front of his body, managed to get his handcuffs in front of his body, or slipped free from the cuffs altogether. Nothing else makes sense.

You'd have thought that they would have frisked him thoroughly, since he was arrested on ammunition charges.

Quote: DaButt @ 27th September 2020, 12:41 AM

Just a hunch, but I'm going to guess that he was either handcuffed in front of his body, managed to get his handcuffs in front of his body, or slipped free from the cuffs altogether. Nothing else makes sense.

You'd have thought that they would have frisked him thoroughly, since he was arrested on ammunition charges.

Well he was arrested on for selling drugs and "patted down" on arrest as apparently they cannot do a full body search in the street, and he was definitely handcuffed behind his back.
I suppose if he had a small firearm in his back pocket it would be possible to shoot someone at close range?

Alternatively, the police may have made a mistake that they're hoping the general public will lose interest in. It's highly likely they know, so why not say ?

Trump seems to have payed a very small amount of his taxes in recent years.
Obviously, if couldn't possibly be his own fault. So which is it?
1. He wasn't in the country very much during that period. He was in Russia.
2. The US tax service is full of liberals who are out to get him.
3. Obama was president during some of the time Trump wasn't paying his taxes so kind of his fault really.
4. Real men don't pay taxes. Or wear masks. They drink bleach.
5. He's just hopeless with money and admin.
6. None of his friends pay their taxes either. They're in prison.
It's becoming more and more obvious why Trump's doing everything he can to undermine the election in November. He cares more about being humiliated than democracy.

Yep all of the above - he's filth

Yet he will probably still win

What does that tell you about the human race....

It tells me the majority know a good thing when they see it.
The smug belly achers and peddlers of bs can take the moral high ground all they like.
Democracy sorts this out.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th September 2020, 5:17 PM

Laughing out loud

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th September 2020, 5:17 PM

It tells me the majority know a good thing when they see it.
The smug belly achers and peddlers of bs can take the moral high ground all they like.

Eh? You want Trump to lose now then?

Oh. I see what you mean now.
Not really a good thing is it though? How is not paying enough taxes a good thing?
And the majority of Americans have never supported Trump, which tells us something doesn't it?
They are still a great nation in many ways.
And most of them recognise he's an arsehole.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 28th September 2020, 7:56 PM

Eh? You want Trump to lose now then?

Oh. I see what you mean now.
Not really a good thing is it though? How is not paying enough taxes a good thing?
like you and me and him, taxes are paid on profits. The insinuation is he fiddling without saying it makes a better headline
And the majority of Americans have never supported Trump, which tells us something doesn't it?
Majority? if you read the right papers you will believe that. If you see actual results, you won't
They are still a great nation in many ways.
And most of them recognise he's an arsehole.

You have to get out of the mindset that your opinion is the majorities mindset and those who it isn't, are uneducated idiots
It's never going to help your cause.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th September 2020, 8:30 AM

You have to get out of the mindset that your opinion is the majorities mindset and those who it isn't, are uneducated idiots

Think I just said the exact opposite of that didn't I? The American voters are cleverer than you give them credit for.
I think most people would find it a bit odd that a billionaire was paying so little tax.
Feel free to provide some evidence of the majority of Americans having ever supported Trump...
I don't think I (or indeed you as a clear Trump cbeerleader) can claim to speak for everyone. Nobody can! That's just how are things are. Everyone's different.