I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,207

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th September 2020, 7:10 PM

To intimate that everybody who voted against you are idiots is absurd.

Which is why I didn't say it.

Nor have I.

Anyway Trump will do a Putin and cancel the Election so that he can keep control.

Yes I know Putin didn't actually do that.

He does seem likely to cause trouble over it.

Quote: Chappers @ 10th September 2020, 8:42 PM

Anyway Trump will do a Putin and cancel the Election so that he can keep control.

He has no authority whatsoever to do that?

Completely true. He seems to be showing every sign of doing everything he can to undermine it though. If he does lose, he's not going to accept the result.

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th September 2020, 9:05 PM

He has no authority whatsoever to do that?

Do you think he cares about authority?

Nope

But he can't literally do anything he wants

There are limits to what shenanigans he can get up to

Interesting report on France 24 news channel just now about pro-Trump civilian militia groups, playing with their guns amid concerns of potential for civil war. And a clear explanation of the Paris knife attack.

Meanwhile. BBC World TV News has a lead story about the Queen's daughter being up the spout, followed by a story about a rat winning a prize. Whoop-dee-doo, BBC World. And a crap report on the Croydon police shooting - just maudlin posturing from talking heads, and virtually no actual facts.

Memo to BBC TV World News: Constant playing of a montage showing the "human story" of your reporters putting on masks as they make mawkish statements about working from home is not news and not interesting and not going to win you any viewers.

Princess Anne is up the spout???

It beggars belief - how can a man be arrested, taken into a police station, searched and then produce a gun to murder an experienced police sergeant.

Just when you thought our presidential choices couldn't get any worse. Dear God, what have we done to deserve this?

https://pagesix.com/2020/09/25/meghan-markle-has-serious-ambitions-to-run-for-president-report/

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th September 2020, 11:27 PM

It beggars belief - how can a man be arrested, taken into a police station, searched and then produce a gun to murder an experienced police sergeant.

I've been thinking the same. There are some serious procedural failures by the arresting officers for that to happen.

Quote: DaButt @ 26th September 2020, 12:52 AM

Just when you thought our presidential choices couldn't get any worse. Dear God, what have we done to deserve this?

https://pagesix.com/2020/09/25/meghan-markle-has-serious-ambitions-to-run-for-president-report/

I think most countries around the world say the same thing when it comes to election time :)

Quote: DaButt @ 26th September 2020, 12:52 AM

She would still be a big improvement on the incumbent!
A ridiculous story though. I don't believe it for a moment.