What are you watching on TV? Page 2,198

Quote: lofthouse @ 20th September 2020, 11:39 AM

You know, people often ask me what are my thoughts on Alexei Sayle's Stuff

And I say , sod off you nosey bastard.

Laughing out loud That brings back memories.

The Ghan on BBC4, one of those very long documentaries (previous had been the bus service through the Yorkshire Dales etc.) where there is no commentary, and no f**king music thank heavens!! Just the 2-3 hour journey with the odd voice of passengers, staff and noise of the machinery.

So.........."The Ghan" - Australia's greatest train journey AND the world's longest passenger train, and my God it is long!!
Some facts from the start of the journey from *Bruce the train manager - Adelaide to Darwin (south to north) 2979 Km., train is 1Km long consisting of 38 carriages and all weighing 1773 tons, being pulled by two 4000 HP diesel engines.

*Made me smile as it reminded me of the Monty Python sketch where they were all called Bruce at the University of Woolamaloo.

Three hours long of a journey that takes nearly 2½ days and at a price of nearly £2500 one way! Sounds a bit expensive to me, when you consider that all the scenery consists of for those approx. 54 hours on a train is nothing but scrub, and bushes, and scrub, and bushes, and scrub, and bushes, and scrub, and bushes, and scrub, and bushes, and scrub, and bushes, and scrub, and bushes, and scrub, and bushes, "Oh look, there's a tree!" and scrub, and bushes, and scrub, and bushes, and scrub, and bushes, and scrub, and bushes, and scrub, and bushes........................................

The Simpsons - it's an episode featuring Troy Mclure

I remember him from such episodes as Marge on The Lam , and Lisa the Vegetarian

Did the kids want to know what was in Chief Wiggum's forbidden secret cupboard of mystery?

Which actress preferred to sketch Mr White? Drew Barrymore.

On an evening like this what more could you ask for to warm you up than half an hour with Nigella.

Peeling a big 12" cucumber?

The dirty b*tch

No. When I said I wanted to answer questions on the Levellers on Mastermind I meant the rock band.

South.Park.S24E00.The.Pandemic.Special.
Very funny song! Took it from here https: //rarbg2020.org/torrent/vi67938

Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) - the original series which according to imdb is called My Partner the Ghost (the American title).

Anyway apart from Sue Lloyd being in another face I recognised was Ivor Dean playing a Police Inspector - a part that became typecast for. I immediately realised I'd seen him in the Saint as Inspector Teal. He'd also played a similar role in Nearest and Dearest as well as in Jason King.

^ I prefer Vic n Bobs version!

Abigails Party on BBC 4

Not seen this fer years

Liked the deserved jabs at 00s comedy in Black, British And Funny With Mo Gilligan.

Watching Roadkill on BBC1. Intrigued to see young people dancing to Totally Wired by the Fall. It is set in the present day isn't it?

The Adam and joe show

Currently enjoying all Taskmaster s07 pack, pre downloaded. Do you remember "make traffic warden happier" task?...