Self-isolation Page 5

Quote: Belen Paz @ 6th May 2020, 12:11 AM

Not all comedies, but a great release -

Austin Powers
The Big Lebowski
Shutter Island
Kill Bill
Samsara

I think you want the British Cannabis Guide.

:D I wonder if they're still watching them. Self isolation, proper full 3 month self isolation can give you the same effect as ganga anyway so you may as well save your money.

Have watched a few DVDS I haven't seen for a while but haven't overdone it, still got a couple yet to watch. But have really enjoyed watching some TV progs aired during lockdown, my favourites have been:

The Joy of Painting - Gold dust. Better than any therapy tape, the bloke doing it has the most calming presence I've ever witnessed, even though he's painting at a million miles an hour to fit the half hour slot, he somehow makes it look so relaxed!

MOTD Top Tens filmed in isolation. Bring it back! Hilarious stuff.

Danger UXB - Fascinating forgotten one series wonder with some great actors. ITV when it did really classy stuff.

Callan - Same as above, classic ITV drama. Edward Woodward would be good :) in anything.

Back In Time For... Just confirms to me our current ultra techno gadgety busy lifestyle isn't all that good for us, and slowing down a bit and retreating isn't that bad. Is it?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th June 2020, 10:27 AM

The Joy of Painting - Gold dust. Better than any therapy tape, the bloke doing it has the most calming presence I've ever witnessed, even though he's painting at a million miles an hour to fit the half hour slot, he somehow makes it look so relaxed!

Certainly relaxed now, being dead for 25 years........................

5 Carry On Films.

Carry on Doctor
Carry on Nurse
Carry on At Your Convenience
Carry on Constable
Carry on Abroad

The coronavirus pandemic has and will likely continue to delay the release dates on many of these films.

1. The Gentlemen
2. Yes, God, Yes
3. The King of Staten Island
4. An American Pickle
5. I Used to Go Here

Quote: VirginiaLucas @ 22nd September 2020, 7:53 PM

The coronavirus pandemic has and will likely continue to delay the release dates on many of these films.

1. The Gentlemen
2. Yes, God, Yes
3. The King of Staten Island
4. An American Pickle
5. I Used to Go Here

Oh :|

And nurses think they have it tough.

The Magnificent Seven Deadly Sins
Life Is Sweet and Jim Broadbean's classic Short
I'm Alright Jack
One Fine Day
The Fishing Party

Self-isolation is like prison. But the sex isn't as good.

Quote: Belen Paz @ 5th May 2020, 11:11 PM

Not all comedies, but a great release -

Austin Powers
The Big Lebowski
Shutter Island
Kill Bill
Samsara

That's all American though.

We still have isolation. I went on a business trip to Japan, and I'm sitting at home watching movies, working remotely. No one is quarantined here