What are you watching on TV? Page 2,197

The Two Ronnies Sketchbook. Reduced to 15 minutes because I'll bet some of the other sketches somebody might take offence to.

Recorded off Film 4 this week, and watched tonight, a film I'd seen in bits previously - "Brassed Off"

What can I say? Superb in every respect. When we get it right, no one in the world can compare to the finest in British films. I laughed, I cried and the story was wonderful.

Everyone acted their socks off, but Stephen Tompkinson...............well, par excellence.

I have just watched The Elephant Man. It's AWESOME they found someone who looked like him... AND was a great actor too. What are the chances?

The guy they got to play the Elephant Man on The Young Ones was rubbish

Looked nowt like him

Did you know that the Balowski family in The Young Ones is all played by the same actor? So versatile.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 19th September 2020, 6:25 PM

Did you know that the Balowski family in The Young Ones is all played by the same actor? So versatile.

Oh yeah

The great, Alexei Yuri Gagarin Siege of Stalingrad Glorious Five Year Plan Sputnik Tractor Moscow Dynamo Back Four Sayle

People always go on about Stuff but the true ra(n)ge of Alexei lies in the Cak album. I used to have an autographed copy but my parents probably threw it out. Kicked ME outa the house, why keep hold of an Alexei Sayle album? Actually...

You know, people often ask me what are my thoughts on Alexei Sayle's Stuff

And I say , sod off you nosey bastard.

It peaked around the second series and then got steadily worse. Like Fry and Laurie.
I really liked him in The Young Ones, Comic Roots and the Comic Strip. But like my mother last night, he ran to seed. He's f**king arrogant, too.

Have you heard any imaginary sandwich shop?

Good stuff

I heard it was a return to form. But they always say that. Hardly gonna say, Next up there's a new series and it's total and utter f**king shit. Avoid this crud like the f**king plague. Apparently there's some nice classical music on the other channel, check that out instead. We SUCK.

No no no!

No

It's good

Check it out

https://archive.org/details/@britcom_101?and%5B%5D=Sandwich

I heard it was good. I'll give it a listen.
I met him briefsly when he was recording a radio sitcom Lenin of the Rovers. Not his best.

Oh I quite like that show

I just wish there was more of his early stand up available on YouTube

The Pirate Video is awesome. Practically the Cak album.