Top 10 British sitcoms ever Page 20

You have excellent taste!

I can't believe that Bottom outdoes The Young Ones for so many people. For me it's Man We Was Lonely to Let It Be.

Quote: Aaron @ 20th December 2017, 1:20 AM

These aren't sitcoms! :P

I could argue that Little Britain is a variation on the sitcom formula. Or I could shut the f**k up.

Rising Damp
The Good Life
Porridge
Yes Minister
Yes Prime Minster
Fawlty Towers
Peep Show
Shameless series 1
Dads Army
Chance in a Million

Yesterday marked the anniversary of the first episode of Bottom. Each episode was written by stars Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson, each episode was later remastered for a lavishly priced box set, and each episode was total and utter f**king shit.

To take my mind off my bursitis - a painful inflammation around the knee that makes me hobble around with a walking stick - I've been watching early episodes of Are You Being Served on YouTube. Terribly corny and stereotyped, comedy sketches unrelated to the plot shoehorned in, but I'm loving it. The acting is splendid throughout, although I could have done with less of Young Mr Grace. I really was laughing out loud, unusually for me.

Beaky you should see if you can get Mrs Slocombe to put her pussy on your knee as a way of heat therapy.

I love Young Mr Grace, find him hilarious and adds something to the show. Even when Old Mr Grace replaced him I missed him, he was a great character and added a lot of fun to the show.

Quote: Feeoree @ 14th March 2012, 8:21 PM

My 10...

1. The Office
2. Peep Show
3. Blackadder
4. I'm Alan Partridge
5. The Royle Family
6. Coupling
7. Only Fools and Horses
8. Red Dwarf
9. Rev.
10. Porridge

I was going to post mine but realised I made a post 8 years ago.

As much as I love Rev, feel like I put it there at the time as it was one of my faves the time and was still airing I think, and that I should remove it from the top 10 and put Young Ones in. Thinking about it, Porridge is still top 10 for me so even though I put it beneath Rev, it stays.

Also not 100% of that order now, just that my top 10 "in no particular order" is:

The Office
Peep Show
Blackadder
I'm Alan Partridge
The Royle Family
Coupling
Only Fools and Horses
Red Dwarf
Porridge
The Young Ones

I like Young Mr Grace too with his bevy of nubile nurses.It's the characters that amuse me in sit coms more than the stories.
You've all done very well!

Quote: beaky @ 18th September 2020, 12:07 PM

To take my mind off my bursitis - a painful inflammation around the knee that makes me hobble around with a walking stick - I've been watching early episodes of Are You Being Served on YouTube. Terribly corny and stereotyped, comedy sketches unrelated to the plot shoehorned in, but I'm loving it. The acting is splendid throughout, although I could have done with less of Young Mr Grace. I really was laughing out loud, unusually for me.

Sublime, pure entertainment. Oozing with joy. No ulterior motives, just aiming to make the viewer laugh. Perfect.