BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 8

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 19th September 2020, 11:58 AM

I'm in the new bullshit league that Thynne set up and cannot see any of my previous FF results.

No, you're in the new bullshit league I set up (just to make it worse :)) so stop being such an ungrateful git, we got you back, not Dan. If you can get the code off Dan you're welcome to try. I can see your previous season rankings like everyone else's so you should be able to, but none of us can delve into week 23 in 2017/18 for example, it doesn't do that.

Okay I see you've got three Leeds players in like me so I take back the 'git'. Should catch up quickly. :)

I came back on one proviso, that non-posters are removed. You agreed. Have you made this new rule clear to everybody else?

Yes we have, but with two exemptions until decided otherwise, and these exemptions were agreed when the league was much smaller, so as to not make it even smaller. Those are Shaggy and Dan. Now it's bigger we can have management discussions about these, but with a caution to not to immediately start chopping down what we've just built up. It's not a massive league, just a decent size. The decision made may be more on the lines of 'You cannot Win without posting' but we'll see. And those are only Shaggy and Dan because they don't post on anything.

It's either keep me and lose them or vice versa. No way I'm putting up with another season of, as Godot says, people not pulling their weight.

Early wild card.

Decided to go with the Toffees.

Initial feeling about the outcome..........mustn't grumble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkS0lIysivQ

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th September 2020, 11:21 AM

Not through choice, I can assure you, we were entered with no password.

If you don't want to be in that league you can withdraw. It won't affect any other leagues you're in.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th September 2020, 12:14 PM

so stop being such an ungrateful git

My apologies.

Thank you for letting me join the cast of Last of the Summer Wine.

Criss-cross.

Quote: don rushmore @ 19th September 2020, 12:29 PM

I came back on one proviso, that non-posters are removed. You agreed. Have you made this new rule clear to everybody else?

This is an excellent idea. Killed, would be even better.

Non posting should also include worthless moaning posting without humour, and 'driveby posting' that ignores the conversations open in the thread. 'Doing a Gerry' as it is known in some quarters.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 19th September 2020, 7:26 PM

This is an excellent idea. Killed, would be even better.

Non posting should also include worthless moaning posting without humour, and 'driveby posting' that ignores the conversations open in the thread. 'Doing a Gerry' as it is known in some quarters.

Yes indeed. We must stick to the point going forward. There is no point in any of us not stopping off at a lay-by for some considerable time drinking soup from a flask and comparing the levels of poverty in our family backgrounds, preferably with documentary evidence, otherwise it just goes to a willy competition.

Now that I am a senior police officer myself, I can say that the force just gets a bit fed up with all the time taken on that nonsense in trucks or behind the bushes. We wouldn't mind but increasingly it is birds without bras as well and they tend to be more contentious on their so-called rights. The same is true of furtive heroin use. The sooner it is compulsory for all the better. Frankly, what is Covid for if it isn't for that?

Oddly enough, I did say this in my professional capacity to the ones with the biggest tits and the most tattoos who were humping behind a shed off the A23 like it was going out of fashion. The sods said they were making a baby and could I be the godfather. And like a bloody fool I said yes if they called her Bielsa.

Cornish cream cone and raspberry ripple tub mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHTDkJ-bQqM

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 19th September 2020, 11:58 AM

I'm in the new bullshit league that Thynne set up............................................

Thank you Alf for pointing out to Godot that the CLIQUE is NOT of my creation - I do wish you would get your facts right Mr.Taxi before you mouth off AND.............................

...........I am at a complete loss at the attitude of you and Don with regards to non-posters, when you both seem so keen to get back to the Clique clique that is managed by Dan who only makes and appearance once a year and there's little else from others.

THIS CLIQUE at least has people who post. I'm sitting here shaking my head in disbelief at your contradictory rant over what I can only think is some sort of tradition. Unbelievable.

Quote: don rushmore @ 19th September 2020, 1:13 PM

No way I'm putting up with another season of, as Godot says, people not pulling their weight.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 19th September 2020, 7:26 PM

We're only two f**king weeks in and you two are griping already, having not given the new properly managed league a chance with the threat of going over to the other league that had virtually no one posting on it.

Last season, when Don and Godot were not in it, there were weeks where I was the only person talking to myself and getting thoroughly pissed off I can tell you, and so welcomed the chance to have a properly run, frequented and supported league unlike previous.

AGAIN, I cannot believe the hypocrisy, and I'm f**king annoyed now. Angry

Magnum (but enough about my ability to do coast path walks - as for ice cream, ain't got a f**king clue.)

Do you take something Horse before writing your esoteric ramblings? LSD perhaps.
They are on a higher plane than me.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 20th September 2020, 10:19 AM

Do you take something Horse before writing your esoteric ramblings? LSD perhaps.
They are on a higher plane than me.

Just got to say - what a nicely considered way of asking the question.

So who's read the runes for the new season? A few very early wildcards suggests not everyone has. Doing this can often work out well but I'm holding back, happy to take a 4pt hit when needed. We'll soon see if my newfound caution works or not, I'm very much middling at the mo but it's better than being bottom as usual at the start. Horseradish has gone Toffee mad with his and it's paying off so far. Goes to show an early punt can work wonders.

Nervy start by Anton, last year's runner up and early season front runner, has this put doubt into his mind this time I wonder? Dan continuing his run of good form from last season, can he keep it up in a tougher field this time out? We'll see. Billy Bunter off to a flyer showing last year's debut season 3rd may not have been beginner's luck and he has to be an early contender for the crown but such a long way to go in what could be a challenging season with lots of team changes.

That's why I'm holding on to the wildcard until it's obvious it's needed. Late comer Godot Taxis has a 91pt gap to fill already if he's to finally cash in on his consistent top four promise but he's made a good start and it's saved him an early wildcard, having seen the early form from the bench. Did he read the Fantasy Scout article and pull one on all of us? Wouldn't put it past this crafty runner. A competitive season this one, my target is 7th, that's top half. Won't be easy. We'll see. neigh Errr