What are you listening to now? Page 1,421

I loved the Fall but they produced so many albums I couldn't catch up.

We all love The Fall here.

Shara's had her problems ,this from a good LP I think.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TQKpEngktY0

Absolutely brilliant

Yes.
Have you read what MES said about the first attempt :)

"The frustration is when people embellish what you're doing. I thought this LP was perfect round about March. But then you trust people--them who shall remain nameless--to go away and mix it and it comes back sounding like Dr. Who meets Posh Spice. You have to go back in and strip it down to what it basically was."[2]

:)

I love John Lennon but I can't help laughing at 'God' when he goes through all the things he doesn't believe in, and the climax is The Beatles. Cos that's sacreligious, right? I don't believe in Buddha. - Fine. - I don't believe in Jesus. - No probs, mate. - I don't believe in I Ching. - Coolio. - I don't believe in The Beatles. - Now you've done it. Leave Ringo alone.

Bragg and Wilco music to Guthrie words.

Quote: john tregorran @ 17th September 2020, 8:07 AM

Bragg and Wilco music to Guthrie words.

I'm also listening to Wilco at the moment: "War on War". I'm a bit biased because my friend is in the band, but I think they're the most talented band in the country - if not the world. I've missed four of their shows this year because of this stupid virus.

Here's an acoustic version:

https://youtu.be/6xN0hmNS_IU

Any prizes for knowing how Jeff got that nick name?
I like that song but only have one LP of theirs and it's not on it.

John I know he's into rockets and such so that may be the reason. Oddly enough I have and love all of Steely Dans stuff its just that this is a great cover version. But if I have a day off and a bag of weed I have Aja on in the background as I write.

It is.
The only one I really like is Countdown to Ecstasy.
Not their most popular but it's them as a proper group not just using session musicians as they did later.

I love the sounds they created, and I don't mind session musicians as they tend to be really really good given that a studio won't last long if its using a f**kwit playing a comb.
On the original band side of things I loved the E Street band as it was with Ashbury Park and the Wild and the Innocent.

You don't think Van Zandt improved things?
I don't know enough about them to make an opinion.
I did buy a Nils Lofgren LP before he joined.Cry Tough,not bad.