Will there be a drum roll?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th September 2020, 6:21 PM

I see no sign of Godot.

Are you still waiting for him?

Yes.
Could write a play while I wait.

Enough with the puns, my life already. Unimpressed

I think if he's even entered a team, it might not appear until the first results are in after the 11 am "kick off" on Saturday.

I may be wrong, but whatever I hope he does join in to give the league a bit of bite.

Can't wait for him to bale me out Unimpressed So...............................

Usually play me Wild Card about third week in when I've seen who's doing what and who's f**king useless, but as I seem to have a useless team from the off, it calls for desperate measures, so have a new team to lose sleep/cry over.

However, knowing my luck they'll all be on the bench.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th September 2020, 11:59 AM

Really looking forward to seeing Godot's team selection.

You don't pick teams in this game - you pick 11 balloons. Each one filled with custard and primed to explode in your face when you least expect it.

Many's the time I've had a custard pie in the face and bucket of water down trouser front, after being arrogant enough to think that was the best team I'd ever put out as each player then also gives me the finger.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 13th September 2020, 10:50 PM

Gratitude seems to be in order if I've read the subtext of this thread correctly
So much gratitude to Herc for keeping the fundamental ethos of the BCG Clique league alive by setting up yet another breakaway league
And thanks to Alf for reminding me to put a team in.

Wasn't so much a breakaway as a benign mutiny. Pirate It can be no coincidence that since the CLIQUE's launch Dan's own form has transformed, he was 4th in his clique last year and has now joined the CLIQUE and started very well, free from the burden of command. Now with 14 players to the clique's 10 this is clearly the league to be in.

I see no sign of Godot.

Try the other eye. Pirate

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th September 2020, 10:27 AM

Now with 14 players to the clique's 10 this is clearly the league to be in.

I see no point in the Clique, not unless you are one of the good ole boys from the Clique's clique.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th September 2020, 10:27 AM

Try the other eye. Pirate

Well he's there as you say, but no team yet, and he has 20 minutes to go. Take about keep you in suspenders.

On another matter, you ain't replied to me PM. :(

F**k this shit.

I am now in the BCG CLIQUE, but there is also a BCG Clique (lower case) which is obviously the original one as I have no previous years position information in the one I'm in.

How the f**k have we wound up with two f**king leagues both called BCG Clique? I don't want to be insulting so early on but this is retard territory. Can someone PM me the code of the original Clique. That's the one written 'BCG Clique' not the one written 'BCG CLIQUE'.

The following are in BOTH leagues:

Dan
Steve
Gerry
Anton
Radish
Kipper
Goodlad
Thynne
Shaggy

I came back as a therapeutic exercise and my piss is already boiling before the ball's been kicked once.

I see no sign of Godot.

I'd rather have an egg one.

I've joined the BCG CLIQUE, but not the BCG Clique.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th September 2020, 10:39 AM

Well he's there as you say, but no team yet, and he has 20 minutes to go. Take about keep you in suspenders.
(

Yeah it's in or his name wouldn't show.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 19th September 2020, 10:49 AM

How the f**k have we wound up with two f**king leagues both called BCG Clique? I don't want to be insulting so early on but this is retard territory. Can someone PM me the code of the original Clique. That's the one written 'BCG Clique' not the one written 'BCG CLIQUE'.

Seemingly lack of management (something that you and Don moaned about, and talked of setting up a new league by the way) of the Clique prompted a fresh approach, with people who posted throughout the season and not just make an annual appearance, then leg it.
I thought an old fart like me, was the type to hate change.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 19th September 2020, 10:49 AM

I've joined the BCG CLIQUE, but not the BCG Clique.

You're in the right league Godot, Welcome. If you hadn't have absconded for two years you'd have followed what happened and the necessary reasons for it. The fact there is still a clique league as well is down to two members who've not yet joined the CLIQUE despite being invited to two years running.

What we've tried to do is amalgamate into a single larger league to make up for the players like yourself who've left over the years. Without it you Don or Ben wouldn't be back playing, we've been both inclusive (to former players) and exclusive only letting in known BCGers and regular posters. It's now a decent size and competitive little league again. :)

[quote name="Godot Taxis" post="1225970" date="19th September 2020, 10:49 AM"]

The following are in BOTH leagues:

Radish
Kipper
Goodlad
Thynne

/quote]

Not through choice, I can assure you, we were entered with no password.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th September 2020, 11:19 AM

You're in the right league Godot, welcome.

If you hadn't have absconded for two years

I'm actually in the WRONG league. I'm in the new bullshit league that Thynne set up and cannot see any of my previous FF results. I don't mind being in both but I need to be in the other one primarily.

As for the 'absconded' bit, I didn't f**king abscond, I took a break from the ear-bleeding silence for the sake of my mental well being. It was everybody else who was doing the vanishing act.