BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 4

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th September 2020, 3:22 PM

OH Stephen! You didn't note my post on Wednesday!!!........................... :(

Stephen's one of the better posters here but, f**k me, thick as mince at times.

Quote: playfull @ 12th September 2020, 2:47 PM

Horse, not sure why - but if you click on another managers name you get a row of 'stats' - if you click on the red GW1 you get the team.

Hi playfull.

Yes - found it - thank you.

Horse.

Quote: don rushmore @ 12th September 2020, 4:30 PM

Stephen's one of the better posters here but, f**k me, thick as mince at times.

Instead of being insulted, I concur.
By the time I read and understood Hercs warning, it was too late to change my team.

Damn - first Arteta chooses Gabriel over Saliba and then - well, let's just say I had Salah in my team until yesterday when I completely realtered it. Wrong result in the latter one for me as I'm very much with the Bielsa love-in but Liverpool weren't expecting that fight and it was certainly entertainment. Not much there to look back on with anger. The brilliant Micky P Kerr - two of at least four absolutely amazing song videos produced by him for a children's hospice in Yorkshire.

Micky P Kerr - That's Entertainment (Leeds):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In_PjqoZmh4

Micky P Kerr - Bielsa's Ace (Don't Look Back In Anger):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyOKNKUMpJ4

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th September 2020, 6:59 PM

By the time I read and understood Hercs warning, it was too late to change my team.

Shouldn't be a problem - that's what the substitutes' bench is for. You'd have had to wait 4 weeks (or lose points) to transfer them in if you'd left them out. It's a marathon not a sprint! In any case you're playing me in the H2H :)

A good number in both the league & the H2H I see. Thanks to those involved in the recruiting process.

You're a good read, mate. Much prefer your shtick to the 'safe' and 'vanilla' posting style of a few others.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th September 2020, 8:12 PM

A good number in both the league & the H2H I see. Thanks to those involved in the recruiting process.

Me and Alf you mean............. Whistling nnocently We do have names ;)

Quote: A Horseradish @ 12th September 2020, 1:32 PM

I have got off to a rocking good start with Saliba not being played even though all the papers said he would be.

Yeah they do that a lot but I think this year it's going to be worse with the fixture buildup. They say it as if they have definite inside info on the teams but it's usually just guessing. No manager gives their team sheets away. The FF site itself is just as bad with its injured player list, I've left hundreds of players out who ended up top scorers. Angry So I bet Pulisic scores now.

Sorry but I did think of Godot's howlers when I saw this. You only got 0. I think he got minus 18 or something once ha ha. Shame we can't get him back, he was the life and soul of the FF league.

I never start well, but this time I'm mid table so far, probably my best start yet.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 13th September 2020, 8:23 AM

Yeah they do that a lot but I think this year it's going to be worse with the fixture buildup. They say it as if they have definite inside info on the teams but it's usually just guessing. No manager gives their team sheets away. The FF site itself is just as bad with its injured player list, I've left hundreds of players out who ended up top scorers. Angry So I bet Pulisic scores now.

I doubt it as I have Pulisic. :)

Alf - which team(s) do you support? Is one of your teams Aldershot?

No Aldershot are terrible, all six foot plus fitness freaks with no real skill. My team outplayed Liverpool yesterday who only won with two dodgy penalties. Proper Football has returned to the premship.

And got points for me here.

12th out of 13. Brilliant start. But then we've only had half the matches. Only 3 of my players involved so far.

Also I saw Herc's warning but I did put one in.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 13th September 2020, 10:13 AM

No Aldershot are terrible, all six foot plus fitness freaks with no real skill. My team outplayed Liverpool yesterday who only won with two dodgy penalties. Proper Football has returned to the premship.

And got points for me here.

Oh, ok, Alf.

I am no fan of theirs either but I know someone who is and thought you might know him.

Leeds support noted - they should go well this year.

Gratitude seems to be in order if I've read the subtext of this thread correctly
So much gratitude to Herc for keeping the fundamental ethos of the BCG Clique league alive by setting up yet another breakaway league
And thanks to Alf for reminding me to put a team in.

And nice to see Don back in town.
And I'd also like to thank my manager Mr Eastwood

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 13th September 2020, 10:50 PM

So much gratitude to Herc for keeping the fundamental ethos of the BCG Clique league alive by setting up yet another breakaway league
And thanks to Alf for reminding me to put a team in.

It's not MY breakaway league and I've no idea where you get the "another" from - Alf started it last season because of the lack of management of the old one, which I remember a number of people (not me!) moaned about and wanted to start afresh, and so he asked me to help him promote it and get new/old members involved.