Frankie Boyle's New World Order Page 2

Quote: jsg @ 3rd September 2020, 10:35 PM

There's a lovely feel to the set, and the tone is a lot freer than it is with most satire. I like this a lot.

I would agree but with one reservation. Frankie's delivery seems flat by comparison to his stand up. He's one of my favourite stand ups, but in this he has no intonation, he looks scared of the camera, it feels sanitised.

Yes! His speech was a lot quieter than usual. I had to turn up the volume several times. Weird.

Quote: The Green Man @ 5th September 2020, 4:38 PM

Yes! His speech was a lot quieter than usual. I had to turn up the volume several times. Weird.

He did mention he had had Coronavirus and that his lung capacity was not back to normal yet.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 5th September 2020, 7:28 PM

He did mention he had had Coronavirus and that his lung capacity was not back to normal yet.

I'd forgotten he'd mentioned that. Thanks for reminding me.

In fairness, he had a monosyllabic presentation style in the pre-covid series, be it slightly louder. Maybe his beard is acting like a muffle?

Yeah, what Firkin said. It's not new. I've always thought it quite apt with the deeply cynical tone of the show, that he's resigned to the impending armageddon.

Quote: beaky @ 19th April 2019, 12:42 AM

The first time I've seen someone on TV argue for Brexit from a left wing perspective - at least we know where Corbyn's coming from now. Not much consolation for everyone being f**ked by leaving the EU, of course...

I don't know what Boyle said but there was always a strong left wing stance against being dictated by the EU dating back to Tony Benn's time in Govt. The more blue collar Unions have always been anti EU. The only lot that weren't were Blair's New Labour and the Health Care and Teaching Unions and even then he had some cabinet ministers very opposed to them. Hence the great Corbyn experiment. Corbyn's trouble was he was anti UK as much as anti EU. Pirate

It was Grace Blakeley who was arguing against the EU.

I'm currently watching Frankie Boyle's Tour of Scotland. Partly as i know many of the places he's visiting but also as a bit of fan.

It feels flat in the scripted bits and comes to life much more when he's chatting to guests or in the stand-up sections. His New World Order had a similar feel that some bits were just lifeless and they seemed to be the autocue parts.

I did find the way guests leapt out of their chairs when their segment was over a bit strange though. Not quite sure why it was done that way.

Think New World Order is very good. Definitely doesn't feel like it's been sanitised to me.

Again, brilliant. It seems to bring out the best in people.

Really liked the idea of trying to watch The Catherine Tate Show on that plane.

Why no praise for the 10 , I think , writers on the show ? Look at the end credits .

Quote: Rood Eye @ 20th July 2020, 8:19 PM

Tragically, he's had to rein himself right in and choose his targets very carefully in recent years for fear of falling victim to the "cancel" culture.
(

His weakness in his early days was that he knew he could get plaudits for being outrageous and actively courted controversy. It often veered towards "Ooh! Look what I just said there! Aren't I naughty?"

I think he's now realised that he can easily trigger most of the world without making a conscious effort to do so - and he's an awful lot better for it. Much more natural and many times funnier.

The guy's on fire right now and I'd hate to see him change anything too much.

frankie boyle once forced my mother (at gunpoint) to convert to jewish at a rabbai kiosk in helsinki. we were only there because i heard there would be a "2 girls, one cup" show at a sketchy motel in an ally behind a dry cleaners just outside of wishipool. i went to watch the show and left my mom sitting at a bus stop at 2am, and returned only to find her professing her jewish faith by kicking a kitten into a ditch and exclaiming: "I'M JEWISH NOW!!!" then, i saw frankie boyle scampering into a nearby field (perhaps chasing a hare.). i followed him at distance, and watched him enter an earthen barrow in a forest. then the ketamin kicked in and i cannot recollect the next 17 hours. finally, i awoke from my k-hole and saw frankie boyle eating a chinese bat that he had pushed into a soup and cooked for, who knows how long. then, he spotted me, and with a stunned look on his face shouted: "THIS IS THE COVID!!!!" i did not understand what that meant then (since it was 2017) and i ran at him and tried to do KUNG FU. i failed. he ripped off my left arm and punched me with it, knocking me unconscious. when i awoke, i realized i was no longer in finland. i was aboard some sort of spacecraft hovering over Tristan da Cunha.

if you want to know what happens next, meet me at THE SHIP INN in MOUSEHOLE at midnight on 31, OCTOBER

Simple and delightful, hope there's more.