Scams Page 3

That's hardly a scam. Put yourself in her shoes, how would she be able to get hold of cash to pay you.

Its a general problem for the over 70's who are often technophobic.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=4zWiXoPTBouv1fAP0cm_yAo&q=how+to+get+cash+during+lockdown+-earn&oq=how+to+get+cash+during+lockdown+-earn&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQA1CjnAFYjOwCYKjwAmgBcAB4AIABZ4gBZ5IBAzAuMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjD0IKW6v_oAhWLVxUIHdHkD6kQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

Quote: billwill @ 24th April 2020, 1:45 AM

That's hardly a scam. Put yourself in her shoes, how would she be able to get hold of cash to pay you.

Its a general problem for the over 70's who are often technophobic.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=4zWiXoPTBouv1fAP0cm_yAo&q=how+to+get+cash+during+lockdown+-earn&oq=how+to+get+cash+during+lockdown+-earn&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQA1CjnAFYjOwCYKjwAmgBcAB4AIABZ4gBZ5IBAzAuMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjD0IKW6v_oAhWLVxUIHdHkD6kQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

Yes, I am well aware that it wasn't a scam. I was making a jocular remark, as I had hoped might befit a comedy forum. But thanks for the info re cash obtainable via the Post Office. I will mention it to her if the need arises in the future.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 24th April 2020, 9:59 AM

I was making a jocular remark, as I had hoped might befit a comedy forum.

That defence has never worked for me on BCG. Laughing out loud

"After the last annual calculation we have determined that you are eligible to receive a TV Licensing refund. Due to invalid account details records, we were unable to credit your account.

Please submit the TV Licensing refund request and allow us 2-4 weeks for the amount to be credited to your account.

Click "Refund Me Now" and follow the steps in order to have us process your request.

NOTE: For security reasons, we will record your IP Address, the date and time. Deliberate wrong inputs are criminally purseud.

Refund Amount: 147.00£"

Yeah right. I'll give you my bank account details and hope I don't get purseud.

Bloody Indian call centre started up again with me, over "the problem I have been getting with my internet, and they will repair/ cure it IF I give them access to my router"
Shot in the dark as he said he was from VM, which is what I'm with, but I think I burst his ear drum with the stream of abuse I gave him, which involved him going forth and multiplying with himself up his back passage.

F**king bastards Angry

I keep getting a phone call saying they have detected illegal activity on my internet and it will be cut off within 24 hours
Press 1 to resolve this.
It's a recorded voice and the person has a stammer, not only that, the sound crackles like it's an old record playing.
It puts an image in your mind that someone is phoning from Uganda and as soon as you answer he is putting the needle down on a wind up gramophone.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 10th September 2020, 8:08 AM

I keep getting a phone call saying they have detected illegal activity on my internet and it will be cut off within 24 hours.

One can only imagine the type of deviant activity for which the punishment is "cutting it off within 24 hours".

Some years ago I managed to keep one talking for nearly an hour until 'I' got fed up. Frequently I used the ploy that I had to get a neighbour to help me. I even claimed that my machine was a mac when the so called issue was Microsoft, that didnt faze him.
I envy the quick witted coder who followed through the scammers direction having set up a isolated sandbox and somehow turned the tables, locking the scammers machine.

I have a decent phone blocker

I used to have a very good pinball machine, which I bought in the 1970s from the local pub landlord for £40 (!!!) and regretfully sold in the late 1990s.

So, have now a hankering to get the same model back (1968 Chicago Coin Playtime - if anyone has got one! 😎) and know where there is one for £6000 ("But it's a classic" - Yeah right, but it's overpriced by about 500%) and so tried various ways to buy one, for e.g. Gumtree and Facebook, and BOTH produced scam offers of £750, £2000 and $840 from a guy in Canada, and how did I know they were scams?

Well, the man in Canada used the same photograph as the £6000 I had been enquiring about, one of the others photographs from the same site, and one tried cleverly (but not so clever for me) to do a scene grab of a machine on YouTube, just before being played by the owner.

I mean, I did say to one of them - do you think I've just fallen off the top of a Christmas tree? But I suppose, somebody might fall for it.

Bastards!!

It's the Thin Bald Gizzard.