BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 2

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd September 2020, 3:17 PM

Well, now I've had some response, I'll aim for Mon. 7th/Tues.8th latest. STILL heard nothing from Dan,

Alternatively I can get them in the other "LEAGUE" but that won't have Dan, Jerry, or Sunshine in.

Thanks Alfred.

Re-joined....I think.

Thanks Alf, but here we go again, BUT even less so with Dan not even bothering to post on this thread, leaving everyone in the dark, even more so for new players who want to join - I find that most disappointing.

So, playfull is still looking to get in as is new player jphellpool who is very keen. AND no Head to Head, which Billy was keen on, likewise me!!

As I posted before, there were moves afoot to get a totally new league for people who frequent the BCG and at least comment a couple of times on matches in the season, and not dash in once a year to say "I've renewed you all" - never to be heard of again for a year.

No, not impressed with it at all. I thought this might be an opportunity to sort of start again with people who belong to the BCG and not have a passing interest through some misguided "tradition" - I mean, I had the intention of sending a PM to all past players of the BCG FPL to try and get it back to how it used to be, before the likes of regulars Godot and Don got pissed off with the absent administrator.

As it stands at the moment, there are 10 people registered, and we all know it could be so much better than that.

I think I may well still set up another BCG regulars league, and if I'm proved wrong, then so be it.

Just to confirm it has to be done by PM we can't put the codes up here, that's how the general BGG non clique league swelled to thousands we don't know. good luck with it because I had limited success last year for all the faff it took. That's not to discount the excellent new members we gained last year, one of which, Bunter, actually tried to win the thing. Pirate

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 6th September 2020, 7:16 PM

:) ...one of which, Bunter, actually tried to win the thing. Pirate

And, in fact, did win the H2H (even if I do say so myself) :)

Thanks for the message. All joined up as instructed (I think). Let battle commence... Geek

i'm in (I think) 'The Tricky Reds'

Quote: playfull @ 8th September 2020, 11:51 PM

Good man, and yes you are in the clique, BUT.............................

You've missed registering for the Head to Head (H2H) - I've PM'd you the link and code.

There's no extra work or picking another team, as it's linked to the BCG CLIQUE team, and a bit of fun! See you there too. :D

Quote: playfull @ 8th September 2020, 11:51 PM

Summat I forgot to mention.....................

Don't forget Burnley/Manchester United and Manchester City/Aston Villa matches are both postponed this Saturday.

Postponed/Cancelled matches quite often happen late in the season, but I reckon, given the current climate, there may be more throughout NOTE if you ever see a player on your team that has no value under his name, that means the team he is in is not playing.

Well Herc twisted my arm and I'm in both leagues. £97,000,000 team - more by luck than judgement.

Nice.

I hadn't played FF since 2013ish, but for some reason I decided to finally make a return for this season. And then a day later I get a nudge saying there's a BCG league again, so I'm in too.

Quote: Ben @ 9th September 2020, 9:35 PM

I hadn't played FF since 2013ish, but for some reason I decided to finally make a return for this season. And then a day later I get a nudge saying there's a BCG league again, so I'm in too.

Welcome Ben :D The more the merrier! And the league is shaping up nicely.

Would be nice too if you joined the Head to Head (H2H) league, which won't involve any more selections/ work on your part as it is linked with your main team.
Just a case of registering, and I've PMd you the code. IMPORTANT you cannot join it once the season has got underway, unlike the regular leagues, which you can join and enter at will.

'Ave a Go :)

So who are all the people in the 'British Comedy Guide League'

Quote: playfull @ 10th September 2020, 3:37 PM

So who are all the people in the 'British Comedy Guide League'

This all came about long before I joined the BCG, but THEY are all the punters around the world who try and join as many leagues as possible, including the BCG CLIQUE members.....................Hence the need for a password that can only be obtain via the members of our league. How I got on there, I've no idea.

Nothing to stop you joining it if you want to and see if you can finish top of the world! :D