Come Back Peter (1952)

Well, I'm sorry Aaron, BUT the BFI have got this listing wrong as a drama, as it is definitely a Comedy!

Stretching it a bit to call this a comedy, but there were a couple of laughs at the expense of a huge and fat piebald Great Dane, which was also squeezed into the smaller house a retired couple had bought to downsize (a house that these days would be considered a decent sized detached house!) and then have their four adult children come back to the nest for various reasons with partners and babies.........and so hilarity ensues as they all try to get along together, especially the sleeping arrangements.

Interesting exterior shots of a nice post suburban road with nice houses and nice cars, but sadly neither Reelstreets or the IMDCB could help on the location or the cars.

No mention of the cast so I IMBDed
Ian Fleming was in it.
No,not him ,a hard working actor chap who was also in A P Herbert's Misleading Cases.Now that was good.

Quote: john tregorran @ 9th September 2020, 7:06 AM

No mention of the cast so I IMBDed
Ian Fleming was in it.
No,not him ,a hard working actor chap who was also in A P Herbert's Misleading Cases.Now that was good.

Yes, he appears in a number of films, usually way down in the cast list, and if there's no one significant in it I don't bother - don't want to deprive you of the fun of the chase! :D