Once Upon A Dream (1949)

"Romcom", my least favourite type of film (oh no, that's a musical) and this was an early romcom that yet again had no com in it, and didn't have one redeeming feature apart from maybe Googie Withers in a leading part. The three male leads I'd seen in other films, but lent nothing to it, and I struggled to watch it to the bitter end.

There were minor parts for Noel Howlett (Please Sir!), Maurice Denham and dear funny Dora Bryan as a barmaid.

One of those I certainly wouldn't watch again.

IMDb :-
"Chaos ensues when a woman wakes up believing that a romantic dream about her new servant is reality.

Sleepy

"Chaos ensues when a woman wakes up believing that a romantic dream about her new servant is reality.

That reminds me of the famous Lady Chatterly case comment :

"Is it a book you would wish your wife or your servants to read?" ... :)

Herc, it's very good of you to watch all these terrible films so we don't have to.
You deserve a medal.

Thank you Lazzard. It's burden that someone has to bear - as long as my public are happy with all the spare time they have on their hands.

More than happy.
Personally I shall spend it watching Withnail & I on a loop - just to annoy Aaron.

Hello. What about this film?

Quote: Lazzard @ 5th September 2020, 11:56 AM

Personally I shall spend it watching Withnail & I on a loop - just to annoy Aaron.

Laughing out loud