Lee Mack Not Going Out Tour Page 2

I was looking for a generic Lee Mack thread but the only one here was locked.

Anyway it looks like a Lee Mack night. I've just watched Would I Lie To You? , just about to watch Semi-Detached and then he's apparently on Cats Does Countdown. I have to add that I am a fan.

Quote: Chappers @ 4th September 2020, 8:21 PM

.................but t I have to add that I am a fan.

And I'm not.

I like him on the panel shows,he's very quick.Not his sit com though.The first series was v good with Megan Dodds but it went down hill when she left.

Quote: john tregorran @ 5th September 2020, 6:47 AM

I like him on the panel shows,he's very quick.Not his sit com though.The first series was v good with Megan Dodds but it went down hill when she left.

Ditto for me when Tim Vine left. My interest in the series went rapidly downhill.

I can't put my finger on it, but there's just something about him that I don't like.

I think he's one of the best comedians around. His wit on WILTY is extraordinary, like Paul Merton in his prime. I still enjoy Not Going Out, though I admit it's more of a cosy habit than must see TV.

Semi Detached however is dire.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 6th September 2020, 11:37 PM

His wit on WILTY is extraordinary,....................

So extraordinary, it makes you realise how much of that is rehearsed between the chair and the two captains. The three of them are funny men, no doubt; but NO ONE is that sharp.

He's got the fastest mind in comedy, who else could beat him to a punch line ? I wonder how or if he relaxes.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th September 2020, 11:47 PM

So extraordinary, it makes you realise how much of that is rehearsed between the chair and the two captains. The three of them are funny men, no doubt; but NO ONE is that sharp.

You should see him live and listen to some of his interviews. He is that sharp.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th September 2020, 11:47 PM

Lee Mack is.

I've met him a couple of times, and seen him talk and chat off stage. I can promise you he absolutely is that sharp.

Quote: Chappers @ 4th September 2020, 8:21 PM

I was looking for a generic Lee Mack thread but the only one here was locked.

Do please create one!

Quote: Aaron @ 11th September 2020, 3:37 AM

Lee Mack is.

Do please create one!

Can't you unlock the other one?

Quote: Chappers @ 11th September 2020, 9:03 PM

Can't you unlock the other one?

The other one, it turned out, was mis-named and in relation to a particular stand-up tour that already had a thread. So it remains locked, and there's no generic one. :)

His appearance on Desert Island Discs was a bit of a change of pace for him. One of the better guests I thought if only because he made me dig out a James track I'd loved but completely forgotten about,

Lee Mack is a great comedian. All three of his Stand Up shows are excellent IMO and he is consistently excellent on WILTY too. I have to agree with a few other comments here that Not Going Out was great, particularly the first five series with Tim Vine. It's never been quite the same since he left but it's still watchable.