Harry Hill's World Of TV Page 2

I was really surprised that he included clips of real amputees.

Yes, I wondered about that - most odd.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 3rd September 2020, 7:47 AM

I'm not enjoying this nearly as much as I thought I would. Not a patch on TV Burp or Alien Fun Capsule, and that horn klaxon every few minutes is incredibly annoying.

Agreed.
I'll keep watching. It's not his best work though.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 5th September 2020, 7:33 PM
Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 3rd September 2020, 7:47 AM

I'm not enjoying this nearly as much as I thought I would. Not a patch on TV Burp or Alien Fun Capsule, and that horn klaxon every few minutes is incredibly annoying.

Agreed.
I'll keep watching. It's not his best work though.

It's not as funny as his older work could be, but I've enjoyed seeing what archive TV they show.

Interesting: this week's (history documentaries) has entertained me more in the first four minutes or so than the previous episodes did combined. Maybe it works better when it's a TV format you're already very familiar with.

The History and Police ones were great. In fact they all have. So funny.

The footage they used of Jamie's 30 Minute Meals was pretty low quality. Looks ~ 240p.

Loved this Cookery one, especially the "innuendos" at the end. Laughing out loud

Haitch or Aitch?

There's only one way to find out!

Enjoyed that, the "express yourself" bit was a highlight.

The early DIY prog. where the bloke had his wife giving him a hand to put up pine panelling (very popular at one time) and she says something along the lines of "I like it when he gets his wood up and am now thinking of different ways he can do it" Laughing out loud

Needless to say Harry commented, hence the "complaint" phone calls at the end.

On the subject of home furnishings how about the pelmet? I worked at Great Mills and there are not enough pelmet gags.